LP 3.0 pre unusable / menu issues (OSX 10.9, Chrome 31)

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LP 3.0 pre unusable / menu issues (OSX 10.9, Chrome 31)

Postby cron0 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:56 pm

This is also an issue with LP 2 and it is still occuring with 3.0 pre so I thought I could post it here.

Here's a video showing what's going on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vysASiHrksA

When the LP button is clicked, the menu doesn't show up most of the time. Sometimes I see only about 3/4 of the menu for which the content seems to be shifted up. Sometimes only a very small portion of the menu shows up but it's still unusable.

For some reasons the menu showed up way more often than usual when I recorded the video.

OSX 10.9
Chrome 31
LP 3.0 pre
cron0

Re: LP 3.0 pre unusable / menu issues (OSX 10.9, Chrome 31)

Postby iandol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Yes, I've seen the same thing:

If you click on an item with a submenu, the go back the menu displays correctly.

I think there are still bugs in Chromium related to drawing popup menus in 10.9:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=307912

Though that has been fixed in Opera 19 Opera still sometimes also shows the identical 3/4 cutoff of the menu. I've tried using the Chromium debugger (right-click > "Inspect popup") but the obfuscated javascript makes hard to work out what the bug is (I could un-minify it but life is short...)
iandol

Re: LP 3.0 pre unusable / menu issues (OSX 10.9, Chrome 31)

Postby iandol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Note: also affects login page:

EDIT: just watched your video, yes the small square empty menu is definitely that chrome bug. Looking carefully at the 3/4 menu bug, you can actually see the whole menu flash up very briefly then it collapses down (not in the video, but you can "live")
iandol

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta