3.0 Prebuild for Chrome - Why add steps to login to a site?

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

3.0 Prebuild for Chrome - Why add steps to login to a site?

Postby Aurock » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I installed the prebuild for chrome and have been using it for the past day. I'm not certain, but it seems that lastpass isn't autofilling my credentials anymore unless the site is set to auto-login. What's more annoying is that for a site which isn't auto filled, this new version adds to the number of clicks required to fill in my logon info. In previous versions when I click the lastpass toolbar button, any saved credentials for the current site were listed on the bottom of the menu. I would click the credential set to use and click autofill. Now I click the toolbar button, then click "Show Matching Sites", then click on the credentials to use, and finally click autofill. It's only one more click, but it is quite annoying. I've got to believe that this is one of the most commonly used features of the toolbar button, to fill (or view, or edit, or take any action with) the credentials for the current site, what is the logic behind hiding it one level deeper in the menus?
Aurock

Re: 3.0 Prebuild for Chrome - Why add steps to login to a si

Postby iandol » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Do the field menus work for you? I realise they are currently failing in quite a few places but they should make autofill easier...
iandol

Postby PaulMEdwards » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I agree that it's annoying to need an extra click.
I came here today to complain about it.
PaulMEdwards

Postby iandol » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Are you unable to use the field menu for some reason? They seem much more reliable in the latest builds...
iandol

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta