Windows 8 fingerprint

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Windows 8 fingerprint

Postby Bibble » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:38 am

Hello all,
Just some feedback - I was running the Windows 8 CP for a while and have now upgraded to RP so thought I'd report this issue.

I have a finger print reader on my laptop & am just using the built in Windows biometric framework, not any other third party software to support it. With Lastpass i can use my finger to sign in BUT only if i open & close the start menu...

When the popup appears asking to swipe my finger it's like it's not able to see the reader until i open and close another window. After that i can then scan my finger and continue without any issue.

Just a little something i thought i'd feed back. Don't know if it's LPs issue or something in Windows & the way the framework might have changed?!

Ben.
Bibble

Re: Windows 8 fingerprint

Postby muesli » Tue May 07, 2013 11:40 am

Exactly the same problem here. I described the not working fingerprint sensor here. When I read your post I tried out opening and closing the start "menu" and fingerprint worked. Would be great if this could be fixed!

Best wishes, Müsli
muesli

Re: Windows 8 fingerprint

Postby muesli » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am

Hello,

with the support the problem got solved.
In the LastPass installation directory the file WinBioStandalone.exe was missing. After re-installing the universal installer - this time with the option to install internet explorer plugin enabled although I do not need it (but I don't know if this made the difference) - the file was in place and everything is working now.
muesli

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta