Lastpass on 64 bit Windows.

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass on 64 bit Windows.

Postby speedkills » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Besides the usual complaint that I can't train the app on 64 bit Win7 I have also noticed that the app doesn't work between 32 bit and 64 bit systems. I found I could train an app on one of my 32 bit computers and then have that password synced to my 64 bit computer but Lastpass still would not find the app because it is location based and it is not correctly identifying the fact that the same app will reside in different places depending on whether it is 64 or 32 bit windows.

One way around this would be to use the %Program Files% environment variable instead of hard coding the program files section of the path if the app resides in program files, (same goes for if it lives in my documents or other locations that are part of the system environment).

If I have an app that in 32 bit windows resides in c:\Program Files\CoolApp\CoolApp.exe and on 64 bit windows resides in c:\Program Files (x86)\CoolApp\CoolApp.exe these are the same program and I would like to use the same password with them.
speedkills

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta