LP for Apps and Application recognition

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LP for Apps and Application recognition

Postby Nico » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 am

Hi, I'm a premium member of both LP and XMarks, and I'm trying to use LP for apps as well, but I cannot get it to work properly.

The problem is that lastpass cannot differentiate between different java-programs, since it only uses the application name, javaw.exe in this case, as a way to see which username/password to fill in.

furthermore, I use a program which needs 2 time a username and password to logon (first to logon to unix,second the program running on that unix server). LP for apps cannot deal with this.

Can LP for apps change to recognize more elements in the logon-window? for instance the window title+class plus application name,like Pirem TopSecret does.

In this way It will be a true successor for Pirem Topsecret for me, which I still need to use unfortunately.

thnx

Nico
Nico

Re: LP for Apps and Application recognition

Postby Nico » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 am

Is there something not clear in my question?

Another example: I have an application, Swift Workstation, and I can choose via a dropdown menu to login to one of 3 systems after the application is started. let's say a Live system and 2 test systems. these systems have all different usernames and passwords. Lastpass cannot keep track off these passwords since it only looks at the application name, and not at the information inside the login window, which changes if I decide to login to a different system.

Hope you can help me with this.

Kind regards

Nico
Nico

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta