No Toolbar in IE9

LastPass PreBuild team member discussions.
If you want to join the prebuild team, read https://lastpass.com/pbt.php

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

No Toolbar in IE9

Postby Davey126 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 am

Not sure where to post this. I found the lastpass toolbar will not display in the Beta version of IE9 (9.0.7930.16406; Win 7 64-bit). The extention itself seems to be ok as credential autofill works if I sign-in via the lastpass web site in advance. The lasspass toolbar button is also not available although this may more a limitation of the IE9 beta as the 'add and remove commands' option is greyed out.
Davey126

Re: No Toolbar in IE9

Postby brantgurga » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 am

The toolbar is still there as is the command button. The Add or Remove Commands option is available if you show the Command Bar. The LastPass toolbar is visible if you show it.

By default IE9 is a more streamlines user interface, so they turn all these toolbars off by default. You can turn them back on though.
brantgurga

Postby brantgurga » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 am

The LastPass toolbar is not shown if you launch a pinned website though. I believe this is by design, but I find it a bit annoying. I still might want to use LastPass on a pinned website. However, the even more minimal user interface makes sense too.
brantgurga

Postby Davey126 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Agreed. Once I was able to display the command button (by displaying the IE command bar first) I was able to turn the LastPass toolbar back on. There does not appear to be an obvious way to consolidate the lastpass and command toolbars (IE9 limitation). Interestingly, the LP full toolbar is slightly more vertical pixel friendly so I might go with that instead.

Thanks for the help!
Davey126

Postby EastExpert » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 pm

I would prefer the sort of LastPass integration found in Firefox or Chrome, so I don't have to turn Command Bar back on just to be able to use LastPass. Having LastPass button (no toolbars) is kinda cool way to have it always there and not occupy the screen "real estate". (One thing that Roboform always failed to achieve).

That, due to the fact I love the IE9 "streamlined" interface with all the unnecessary extras cut.
EastExpert

Postby brantgurga » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Unfortunately, that's an issue of the Internet Explorer design, not an issue of LastPass.
brantgurga

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm

IE9 beta Users -- please try our latest prebuild:

https://lastpass.com/lastpasspre.exe or
https://lastpass.com/lastpass_x64pre.exe

This should fix startup time issues, black screen after notification bar, context menu, and errors on the local vault.
We're are still working on website https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 website issues (but that will be fixed server side change) and there is nothing we can do about pinned tabs/apps now.
JoeSiegrist

Postby Yahya » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 am

EastExpert wrote:I would prefer the sort of LastPass integration found in Firefox or Chrome, so I don't have to turn Command Bar back on just to be able to use LastPass. Having LastPass button (no toolbars) is kinda cool way to have it always there and not occupy the screen "real estate". (One thing that Roboform always failed to achieve).

I tataly agree. I think there is got to be some way of getting around having the toolbar. I hate having the tool bar myself, I love the streamline look too. If this is just a IE9 issue, then why not have the option to hide it completly then if I need to change the settings I could go to my add-ons and change the settings for this. If a log in is required, the pop it up when it is required, if the user didn't all ready have that information saved.
Yahya

Postby Davey126 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:58 am

This is fixable using Quero, an IE add-on that supports toolbar consolidation and some other nice features. That said I agree with the previous poster, one should not have to install another add-on to address this LP shortcoming.

http://www.quero.at/

For those with an interest Quero is stable and easy on resources. I like the flexibility it provides for toolbar placement/consolidation and other IE customizations. Can't vouch for the add-blocking capability (optional and easily turned off).
Davey126

Return to LastPass PreBuild Team