Firefox 66.0.3 64-bit - Kubuntu 19.04

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Firefox 66.0.3 64-bit - Kubuntu 19.04

Postby eek2121 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:04 am

Firefox just removed 3 extensions (the only 3 I had installed) including LastPass. Now when I try to install it, it says the download can't be performed at this time. It has also said the download is corrupt. Also removed UBlock.
eek2121

Re: Firefox 66.0.3 64-bit - Kubuntu 19.04

Postby jeff296 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:19 am

IMO Firefox is replaceable. This isn't the fault of LastPass. If this isn't corrected within one business day I will be switching browsers. I seriously object to sweeping changes being made in such a heavy handed manner. A popup indicating an issue in a future release would be in order, not just disabling what was working without any notice.
jeff296

Re: Firefox 66.0.3 64-bit - Kubuntu 19.04

Postby mike808137 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 pm

The extensions aren't removed, just disabled. So don't remove them.

Mozilla is rolling out a hot-fix. Official details from the Mozilla blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

It should just start working again for most people with the latest updated version of Firefox.

It uses the "Studies" feature, which is an option in the Security & Privacy section (towards the bottom). It is turned on by default in most installs.
If not, you will need to enable "Studies" in the privacy options and Firefox should automatically pick up the hotfix being pushed out by Mozilla.
You can turn off studies after if you had it turned off.

If you are on an older version of Firefox, and there is no Studies option, you might try upgrading Firefox so that the Studies hotfix can fix the problem.
It may be also possible to manually install the hotfix XPI extension file.
https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

Nightly and test builds of Firefox have a configuration setting that can disable extension signature verification. The main production release doesn't.
The reason Mozilla signs addons is so that people can't trick you into installing an extension that can steal passwords from the browser or from the LastPass extension, for example.
They just screwed up by not having the replacement certificate already installed before this happened.
mike808137

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta