Timeout for Lastpass for Apps?

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Timeout for Lastpass for Apps?

Postby dvdmon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

Just got back to work and noticed I was still logged into lastpass despite not being here for three days. I noticed that my Lastpass for Apps wasn't set up for any kind of logout, so it's now set to logout when the computer is locked. Obvsiously, it needs to have a timeout lock like the browser plugins. It was interesting that Lastpass for Apps seemed to keep the browser plugins from logging out, rather than the browswer plugins forcing the Lastpass for Apps to log out. Seems like the integration between the two and session management needs more options or at least needs to be thought through a bit more.
dvdmon

Re: Timeout for Lastpass for Apps?

Postby Cato2 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Timeouts are a bit of a weak spot for LastPass - while it has this feature in the plugin, the way it's configured is not very secure, and surprises you with no-timeouts as default. For example, setting up a new account on an existing plugin defaults to no timeouts. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32749 for more.

I'd really like more attention to a bulletproof timeout setup so you can set a general default (policy) at the account level, which will apply to all new browser installations, LP for Applications, etc.

LastPass has some great technology and is reasonably usable, but it's too easy to configure it to be insecure without realising.
Cato2

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta