Dev and release builds

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Dev and release builds

Postby Ames » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 am

I saw that 1.31 was just released. Do we need to upgrade or are the release and prebuild the same? Any chance the build number could be added to the version number so we can more easily tell when there are multiple pre builds to test and the code would automatically get the release version when it comes out?

Thanks.
Ames

Re: Dev and release builds

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Ames Wrote:I saw that 1.31 was just released. Do we need to upgrade or are the release and prebuild the same? Any chance the build number could be added to the version number so we can more easily tell when there are multiple pre builds to test and the code would automatically get the release version when it comes out?

It's a good idea to upgrade -- we make a small number of changes based on the feedback from the prebuild responses, fixing a few bugs mostly.

We're looking into how to better handle this going forward -- the leading idea is to actually separate the prebuild team from the main builds and have upgrades for you guys which always pulls in the latest prebuild (kind of like how mozilla does it).

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Re: Dev and release builds

Postby Ames » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:We're looking into how to better handle this going forward -- the leading idea is to actually separate the prebuild team from the main builds and have upgrades for you guys which always pulls in the latest prebuild (kind of like how mozilla does it).

Joe

That would be a really good option. The installer is good and I can fly right through it, but it would be nice to have FF and IE just update themselves with the latest pre-builds. Plus when release builds come out you could put us on that until the next pre build comes out.
Ames

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta