LastPass for Apps support for ThinkorSwim

Get first access to testing new builds and betas for LastPass

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass for Apps support for ThinkorSwim

Postby gdstuart » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:15 am

"Find" did not work for TDAmeritrade 64-bit stock trading app called Thinkorswim.exe. The dialog depends on finding it and the bullseye did not work when I clicked on the Thinkorswim login dialog and entered my credentials.

How can I add an app manually?

Thanks.
gdstuart

Re: LastPass for Apps support for ThinkorSwim

Postby anatoly_LP » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:31 pm

You can add it with the Add Application menu from the icon. However, if it can't find it with the bullseye, it probably won't work to autofill it either; it's likely the program uses a UI library that we can't see into.
anatoly_LP
Site Admin

Postby gdstuart » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 pm

It's a Java app; does that help?
gdstuart

Postby anatoly_LP » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Yeah, we won't be able to see into it. You may still be able to train it by selecting the main application window and allowing it to record your keystrokes and mouse movements. During training, I would advise using the mouse to click into username and password fields before typing your credentials, and do not use the tab key to go to the next field, always use the mouse.
anatoly_LP
Site Admin

Postby larryh1949 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:00 pm

So what is the final word on using LastPass with ThinkorSwim? I just started testing the LastPass free version on a PC and if it works well, my plan is to go with the premium version so I can use it on my Phone also. ThinkorSwim and Fidelity Active Trader Pro are the 2 main Apps that I wanted a password manager for.
larryh1949

Postby plt3064851 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:13 pm

So far, the only 2 Apps preventing me from using LastPass are TDAmeritrade's Think or Swim platform on my Mac and Charles Schwab's App on my iPad.

This was the case a while ago, has it changed? Can I now use LastPass for these two applications?
plt3064851

Return to LastPass PreBuild & Beta