java based userid form?

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

java based userid form?

Postby dabruton » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 pm

If you go to www.netbenefits.com you will be redirected to a site that asks for a userid and password. This site does not work with lastpass (or at least I have not been able to figure out how to make it work).

The problem is this: When you enter a userid, say "bob", and then move down to enter the password in the password field, the "bob" in the userid field is replaced with "***". Presumably, a java app or script is storing away the original userid and replacing it with "***" and then when the form is submitted sends the actual userid and PW.

When lastpass fills in the userid and then the PW it does not activate the java code to cause the userid to be replaced with the "***". Therefore, when the form gets submitted the form does not contain the userid and I always get an error.

Is there a way to cause lastpass to enter a userid and then a keystroke (like tab) and then enter the password? Tab does cause activation of the java code connected to the userid field so maybe that would work.

Thanks,
David
(I tried to search for a simliar problem/solution but could not find one in the forum or the help).
dabruton

Re: java based userid form?

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 pm

If you hit "Save All Entered Data" on the page with the userid highlighted does it work for you? Alternatively hit 'edit fields' on the existing saved site and replace the ******* with the correct one
JoeSiegrist

Postby dabruton » Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 pm

I tried both of those but neither work. Thanks.
dabruton

Postby Jaime17 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:38 am

dabruton Wrote:I tried both of those but neither work. Thanks.

Really? So you better try another brand! jejeje...
Hoping that you can find the things that will work!

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins