Westpac Bank

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Westpac Bank

Postby aussieboykie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Westpac on-line banking UI has a normal text field for customer ID and a pseudo keyboard for entering a user password.

The site is smart enough to recognise when a password has been entered by other means (e.g. by LastPass) which is OK by me - I'm happy to use the on-screen keyboard. However, if I edit the LastPass definition to leave customer ID in place and the password field blank, I no longer get the normal LastPass prompt when I navigate to the URL. If I click the LastPass drop down on my browser toolbar, the Westpac record is there and I can use it to autofill.

It would be better (less point and click) if LastPass behaved "normally" in circumstances like this where the password field is not pre-filled.

Regards, AB
aussieboykie

Re: Westpac Bank

Postby micky1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 am

Hey aussie,

if you solved this matter, please share your information, i am really in need of it because i'm in same situation like you were before. Waiting your answer.

Thanks, micky Simulation pret
micky1

Postby aussieboykie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm

micky1 Wrote:if you solved this matter, please share your information..

Sadly, no change since my original post.

Regards, AB
aussieboykie

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 pm

If you left your password in, but instead hit 'Edit Fields' and deleted the password field associated with it, it might work that way.
JoeSiegrist

Postby aussieboykie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:42 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:If you left your password in, but instead hit 'Edit Fields' and deleted the password field associated with it, it might work that way.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it made no difference. As a general principle, it might be worth considering the addition of a flag that can be set to suppress a field. A number of bank sites have funky methods of preventing automatic entry of passwords, or have fields that require a response to a variable question. In these cases, being able to fill in some fields (e.g. userid) and suppress others would be good. It goes without saying that autologin would have to be suppressed too, given that at least one field has to be manually entered.

Regards, AB
aussieboykie

Postby wizard » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Have you found out how to do this yet? I want to use a better password but it will not log me in. That is why I was going to buy this product?

Did you find a way to past the password maybe?

I wouldn't mind it if you could have an option to show you the password one the screen (With a show button so you could be sure no one was watching your screen?)
wizard

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins