Can't fill in NatWest info

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Can't fill in NatWest info

Postby JulianL » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:08 am

On this site (http://www.natwest.com/personal.ashx), press the online banking login button at the top right of the page (sorry, I haven't posted a direct link because it picks up a referer ID from one of my cookies so I thought it best not to post that) and you should then get to a page that just has a single "Customer Number" box to be filled in. The format of this Customer Number is a date (supposed to be your birthday) in ddmmyy format followed by a 4-digit number. The number 0101010000 is good enough to be accepted as a valid input.

The next login page is of the <enter three random letters from your password> type so it's not that which I'm concerned with, it's this initial ddmmyynnnn Customer Number that I would like to be able to enter with LastPass and then have it click the "Next" button for me but I can't seem to get LastPass to see this field.

I'm currently experimenting with LastPass on my laptop but am still using the combination of the SecureLogin and AutoFill Firefox plugins on my main PC so I do know that AutoFill can see the box on this page. AutoFill is a pretty technical solution that really requires the user to enter explicit rules, complete with regexp pattern matching, to get the best out of it but if it helps then I can tell you that the left hand (pattern) side of my AutoFill rule to match this field on the web page is "(?:^DBID_edit$)" [the surrounding double quotes are added for this email and do not form part of the pattern].

Is there any way, now or in a future release, to get LastPass to work with this web page?

- Julian
JulianL

Re: Can't fill in NatWest info

Postby Julian » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Has anyone at LastPass had a chance to look at this web page? I'm wondering whether LastPass will be able to fill it at some point, or if it already can and I just don't know how to set it up properly.

- Julian
Julian

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Julian Wrote:Has anyone at LastPass had a chance to look at this web page? I'm wondering whether LastPass will be able to fill it at some point, or if it already can and I just don't know how to set it up properly.

- Julian

It should work with 'save all entered data' in our next build.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby JulianL » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 am

Great. Thanks Joe. "Save all entered data" is was what I tried on 1.39 so it's good to hear that at least I was trying the right thing and that it should work soon. I'll post how I get on once 1.41 is out.

- Julian
JulianL

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:15 am

JulianL Wrote:Great. Thanks Joe. "Save all entered data" is was what I tried on 1.39 so it's good to hear that at least I was trying the right thing and that it should work soon. I'll post how I get on once 1.41 is out.

- Julian

You can try the prebuild now if you wish: https://lastpass.com/lastpasspre.exe
JoeSiegrist

Postby Julian » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:17 pm

Joe,

I waited for the official 1.41 and the behaviour is different but not yet functional. Here's what happens

1) Delete any LastPass saved data for the NatWest site (due to my previous attempts and tests).

2) Go to the NatWest site. LastPass correctly shows no indication that it recognises the site.

3) Enter my ddmmyynnnn number and then select "Save All Entered Data" from the LastPass toolbar icon. I then get a popup window that shows that it has recognised two fields on the page. DBID_edit shows that it has the entered ddmmyynnnn value associated with it and the LI5CBA field shows as blank (I assume this is the tick box for the activation code).

4) Press "OK" on the dialog box above and then LastPass almost immediately recognises the web page and the (very annoying) notification bar appears offering autologin/autofill plus the ddmmyynnnnn input field is now highlighed and has the LastPass icon in it.

5) If I now close the NatWest window and re-open it then LastPass still recognises the site and displays the notification bar (did I mention how annoying that notification bar is ;) ?) and highlights the input field but if I then click either autologin or autofill then nothing happens. If I then go and pull up an edit window on the nwolb.com site entry that LastPass saved as a result of step (4) above then I see that no field data was actually saved and the "Fields" pane is totally blank.

Have I done something wrong or is this a bug?

- Julian
Julian

Postby Julian » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:17 pm

I can confirm that this now works with 1.42. Thanks for the fix.

- Julian
Julian

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins