Safe-mail is baffling

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Safe-mail is baffling

Postby Hugh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm

This one really has me baffled.

Safe-mail (www.safe-mail.net) is an encrpted free email service that claims to be much more secure than others. Its login screen is a quite normal one that requests username and password. However, when I try to login using LP, the username field is filled in but the password is left blank, even though LP apparently makes two attempts to log in. If you enter the pw manually, all is well and login is completed.

Any ideas on how to tackle this one, anyone?

Hugh
Hugh

Re: Safe-mail is baffling

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 am

Hugh Wrote:Safe-mail (http://www.safe-mail.net) is an encrpted free email service that claims to be much more secure than others. Its login screen is a quite normal one that requests username and password. However, when I try to login using LP, the username field is filled in but the password is left blank, even though LP apparently makes two attempts to log in. If you enter the pw manually, all is well and login is completed.

I can't reproduce the problem -- can you ensure that you have 'Edit Fields' when you edit the account and that they're set to Field_1 and Field_2? If not you may have to delete and recreate the account to get the fields saved properly (or use Save All Entered Data after entering your data).

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Re: Safe-mail is baffling

Postby Hugh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks Joe, but still no luck. Yes, the two fields are there and the correct info is in them. When I try to log in using LP it fills in the username OK but leaves the password box empty. The toolbar says "Lastpass has filled your login information into the form on this page" and shows the 3 buttons: "AutoLogin", "Never Autofill" and "Fix Broken". If I press AutoLogin it tries to log me in and just goes back to the same screen, as of course the pw is not there. If I fill in the pw manually it logs in OK.

I've deleted and reinstalled the site several times but there is no change.

Baffling.

Hugh
Hugh

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins