marriott.com won't autofill

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

marriott.com won't autofill

Postby nathanak » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:32 am

I've made multiple attempts including deleting and allowing a fresh sign-in to autosave, attempting to save with the save all fields, various other manual attempts. The best I can get is to click the extension icon (not in the page, but in the browser) and autofill, which only fills the username. I have to click the extension icon again to manually copy the password and then paste it in every time.

https://www.marriott.com/default.mi

macOS
Chrome
LastPass Extension
nathanak

Re: marriott.com won't autofill

Postby nathanak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 am

For whatever reason, it's now gotten even worse. No autofill at all. So I have to 1) click the extension, 2) click show matching sites, 3) copy username and then 4) paste it in the field and do all 4 steps over again for a password. Not very convenient!
nathanak

Postby alphasupremicus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:22 pm

I too have noticed that Marriott no longer auto-fills since Marriott re-engineering their site to be modern/mobile friendly. Frustrating for sure!
alphasupremicus

Postby davin642 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Same issue here.
davin642

Postby trudelsylvain536 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Today is Jan 30, 2019. The Marriott site is still an issue. Can we get a status on this issue? Any plan to fix what is causing this issue?
trudelsylvain536

Postby NoSpamSam » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm also experiencing this issue. Has anybody found a solution?
NoSpamSam

Postby rmacmo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Interesting if I type in marriott.com the site comes up and does not load my username and password, but it I use :Launch" within LastPass, it does load it and log me in fine.
rmacmo

Postby rmacmo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Interesting if I type in marriott.com the site comes up and does not load my username and password, but if I use :Launch" within LastPass, it does load it and log me in fine.
rmacmo

Postby user98101 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 am

Same issue for me. LastPass no longer auto-fills the username and passoword at https://www.marriott.com/default.mi. A few months ago, it would only auto-fill the username. I now have to manually launch LastPass, click "Show Matching Sites" and click on "Auto Fill." Then, it only fills the username. I then have to click AGAIN to fill the password. This is very annoying.

One workaround is to just submit the login WITHOUT the information auto-filled by LastPass, and it re-directs you to a page where LastPass DOES actually auto-fill your login name and password: https://www.marriott.com/sign-in-error. ... default.mi
user98101

Postby dulemcseLP » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 pm

If LastPass does not autofill on specific sites, check the following:

1. Ensure that the site is not a 'Flash' or 'Silverlight' login page (LastPass does not support these login page types - Right-click on the site's login fields and look at that context menu information to check).
2. Check that the site is not added as a Never URL - click on the LastPass browser icon > My LastPass Vault > Account Settings > Never URL tab.

3. Check to see whether or not the login field identifiers are present

- In the vault, click to open the Edit Site window

- At the bottom of the window, click on the wrench icon to open the Edit Form Fields window. If the login fields are not there, this is why LastPass does not autofill. The field identifiers are automatically added if you use the auto-save site flow.*

* Note: when you import data into LastPass OR manually create a site entry within the vault using the add site option, the field identifiers are not being picked up. However, after you use LastPass field icon to force autofill on the website for the first time, the fields are added into the Edit Form Fields so moving forward, LastPass could autofill for you.

If everything appears correct but LastPass does not autofill on specific sites, you may want re-save the logins using Save All Entered Data.

1. Temporarily copy the login outside LastPass
2. Delete the login in the vault
3. Re-save the site following the steps here -> (https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/#h1)
dulemcseLP

Next

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins