username and password go on two different web pages

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

username and password go on two different web pages

Postby norflopsc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:01 am

LastPass is not always handling signing in to some sites which split username entry and password entry in two different web pages. I am not sure what options to look for in LastPass to allow the manager to let me enter the page sequence of username, and then password, and THEN tell LastPass to SAVE this login combination for the site. I wonder after that, would LastPass be able to sign me in for one of those accounts in one action, or does the action for signing in also be handled in sequence by LastPass, too? I wish that LastPass could remember the whole thing. Also wish for LastPass to let me choose the login combination from the list, I left click on the item, and LastPass just sign me in.

How?
norflopsc

Re: username and password go on two different web pages

Postby gderuiter116 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:40 am

Yes, lastpass con store this a one entry. You should use the option 'save all entered data' on each page and LP will combine it. I have several pages that use multiple log-in pages, no problem. see also : https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/
gderuiter116

Postby norflopsc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 am

gderuiter116 Wrote:Yes, lastpass con store this a one entry. You should use the option 'save all entered data' on each page and LP will combine it. I have several pages that use multiple log-in pages, no problem. see also : https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/

No. Useless. No worked. I tried this Save All stuff on a google account. Trying to use the login, LastPass just brings up the first screen for google username and fills it in, and then stops and waits for USER to do something more. No good!

How do one make LastPass remember THE WHOLE LOGIN SEQUENCE so user once made the save, may just open LastPass extension, Sites; folder; desiredLogin; and LastPass fully signs user in to the site?
norflopsc

Postby gderuiter116 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:54 am

You can check the 'auto log-in' option, but that does not work for all sites. i do not know how to add a 'push button' option in another way.
gderuiter116

Postby jonat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:42 am

LastPass cannot auto-login to sites structured that way. My advice is to not use auto-login at all, as it introduces a small security risk
jonat

Postby PaulX » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 pm

gderuiter116 Wrote:Yes, lastpass con store this a one entry. You should use the option 'save all entered data' on each page and LP will combine it. I have several pages that use multiple log-in pages, no problem. see also : https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/

Could you elaborate on "LP will combine it"
UserID page
I enter my UserID, Save All Data, save in LP
Back to UserID page. Click "continue"
Password page
I enter my Password, Save All Data, save in LP
I end up with two "sites" in LP. Different URLs, different names
It does work but I thought by "LP will combine it" I would end up with only one LP "site".
Thanks
PaulX

Postby gderuiter116 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:16 am

PaulX Wrote:

Could you elaborate on "LP will combine it"
UserID page
I enter my UserID, Save All Data, save in LP
Back to UserID page. Click "continue"
Password page
I enter my Password, Save All Data, save in LP
I end up with two "sites" in LP. Different URLs, different names
It does work but I thought by "LP will combine it" I would end up with only one LP "site".
Thanks

This process sounds about rigth. Maybe there is something special with this site. Which site are you trying to use LP for? Ik can give it a test. Only mention the URL, no passwords.
Thanks
gderuiter116

Postby PaulX » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for the help
Uses 2 LastPass sites which were created using Save All Entered Data. In addition, it doesn't go to second page without me clicking continue, which I prefer, but I'm curious how to do it using one site.
First page (username): https://www.peoples.com/peoples/Header/ ... Login-Page
LastPass fills in username, I click "continue"
Second page (password): Without a valid username I don't think you can get here so giving you this URL doesn't help us. Plus I'm hesitant of putting this URL out there, I'm afraid someone could use it to hack into my bank account. I'll just say it's pretty long.
LastPass fills in password, I click "continue"
I'm in.
BYW- If you use the url "peoples.com" it redirects to https://www.peoples.com/portal/site/peoples/, a different login page. If you enter a valid username here you get sent to the same page 2 screen (password) as above. I've never tried using LastPass to go this route.
:: LastPass forum has been doing some funky things as I was composing this. Apologies if there are multiple posts saying pretty much the same thins.
PaulX

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins