Capitalone.com on Firefox 57

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Capitalone.com on Firefox 57

Postby eyrie0 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Same here. Is this the support forum? Does LastPass even check these forums?
eyrie0

Postby terandrite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 pm

Hey fellow forum person. I'm as displeased as the next user with not getting any updates on this yet from LP, but I stumbled across a weird trick to get around this.

Hopefully this helps the engineering team isolate and identify the issue, and other users, as a stopgap.

Apparently, if you wait for the page to fully load, auto-fill doesn't work. But, if you auto-fill before the page finishes loading, auto-fill works.

On Firefox 57, Linux, on the primary landing page, this trick worked for me for the following URL page and the following URL only:
https://www.capitalone.com/

Auto-fill still does not work (not even when trying the above trick) on their newer login page:
https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/signin
terandrite

Please fix the issue with CapitalOne.com

Postby cedy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:33 pm

I have been unable to use Lastpass to fill in the login field at capitalone.com for weeks now. Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit), LastPass 4.2.3.20. Premim.
I've done everything suggested - remove the entry and re-add using "save all data". I've looked into the field names on the site... nothing helps.

I'm not the only one having these issues going by the comments in your forums. So what's the issue?
This isn't some fly-by-night site - it is a major financial institution! It is a major pain in the ass to have to open the vault, look up your entry and copy username/password data.

Very unhappy with the lack of response in the thread
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=283625

Come on! Fix the issue or at least tell us when you plan to have it fixed.
cedy

Postby owdaddyyourehurtingme » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Just chiming in that I can't get it to work as well. Autofill from right click doesn't work. From clicking on the in-form icon doesn't work. From selecting the addon icon and choosing different logins doesn't work. I have removed the site entry completely and readded it. Have logged in to get it to "capture" the login credentials to save it. Have even used the "Save all entered data" option with the login form filled out. Certainly frustrating.
owdaddyyourehurtingme

Postby pdk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 am

Out of curiosity, have you tried to use LastPass bookmarklets as a work-around (see my new topic entry in this sub-forum 2 days ago - the same day you made your entry into this sub-forum)? PDK
pdk

Postby cubanx » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Same issue, Windows 10 Firefox 57, Plugin version: 4.2.3.20
cubanx

Postby terandrite » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:47 pm

The super hacky, iffy workaround I previously posted in this thread, that only works if you're quick with your mouse clicks, no longer works. Alas, CapitalOne must have changed something about their website.

I'm desperate, so I tried using a bookmarklet. Fortunately this gets the fields populated, but the login form doesn't count this as a change in the fields' value, and so the login form complains that you have to enter something even though there's stuff in there. So, every time I log in I have to hit space and then backspace in the username field, and then repeat in the password field.

This does not reflect the quality that earned LastPass my respect over the years I have been a premium subscriber. In fact, I am beginning to feel like a chump for being so faithful to LastPass in light of how there has been zero update week after week on this issue.

Has work on this even been scheduled? Prioritized? Looked at? Investigated? Considered in any way at all?
terandrite

Postby Duder2020 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:35 pm

It's a headache for me too. Windows 10, Firefox 56/57/58, and I've had this problem for months. I don't use any other browsers. This needs to get fixed. This is a big company that lots of people visit.
Duder2020

Firefox 57 Lastpass 4.2.4a will not fill capitalone.com

Postby skulker » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm

When accessing capitalone.com, lastpass will not fill in logon fields. I must copy and paste to get logged in. I must do the same for https://investor.vanguard.com/home/
When using Chrome, everything works as desired
Firefox 58.0.2 {64 bit}
lastpass 4.2.4a
skulker

Postby jeff871 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:17 pm

I don't think the problem is just Last Pass. If you try to download a monthly statement on the Capital One 360 (I assume the normal Capital One website as well), nothing happens. Works fine in Edge. Clearly the problem is with Firefox (I have 58.0.2) and not just Last Pass on the login page.
jeff871

PreviousNext

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins