Fidelity web site does not work

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Fidelity web site does not work

Postby donmcc78 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 am

When I attempt to login to Fidelity website, the login by LastPass does not work,
although if I paste in the user id manually it does work. The website appears to have
some javascript which replaces the id with ***** when the field loses focus, which
may be goofing it up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don
donmcc78

Re: Fidelity web site does not work

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 am

https://lastpass.com/help.php?topic=log ... mwebsite=1 step 5 (save all entered data) is the way to handle this deity forsaken form.
JoeSiegrist

Postby lastmike » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Step 5 does not work for me.
Specifically, I log in manually and allow Lastpass to capture that as a new site. The items in the new site look OK. There are several form fields captured by this step.
Unfortunately, the new site fails to log me in.
By the way, I always have to manually enter my password. Pasting it in manually fails, though others say that it works.
lastmike

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:23 am

Please re-read how to do step 5 -- you need to use LastPass icon -> Save All Entered Data AFTER you've entered your data but BEFORE you submit it.
JoeSiegrist

Postby namante » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm having the same issue and step 5 does not work. I've taken a look at the page and here's the issue:

The username field on fidelity.com takes either a username or a SSN.
To mask the SSN, the text input field has the name txtSSN and a bit of javascript that fires onBlur

When it fires, it takes the value of txtSSN and replaces all but the last few characters with *'s
It then stores the old value in a hidden input called SSN.

The trouble is, Last Pass doesn't support hidden form fields as a type, so it's not even possible to edit the form fields in advanced mode.
namante

Postby lrreiche » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Fidelity's login works for me (see next para) but I don't recall how I created the LastPass record.

Fidelity has just added those stupid security questions that are supposed to increase our security (including, I kid you not, "What was the model year of your first car" and they validate it to be a year that cars were actually made!). When they start asking those questions of me, I expect that the form will not contain the information to permit automatically enter the answer to each question.

Lance ==)------------
lrreiche

Postby d9point0 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm

fidelity has a number of portals through which you can access their site. only the portal which comes up when you enter "fidelity.com" in the browser bar has the aforementioned problem with the fields.

try the following:

1. delete any saved passwords containing the domain fidelity.com from your vault (a clean slate).
2. go to the following url: https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fid ... efaultPage
3. enter your username and password and login
4. save the site when prompted by lastpass

you will still run into a problem when typing "fidelity.com" in the address bar, but if you access the site by clicking on the bookmark in your vault (which will lead to the portal with the lengthy url above) and/or simply bookmark the longer url in your browser, the automatic login should work.

out.

d9
d9point0

Postby lrreiche » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:42 am

If it's simply a case of using a URL that works, you're welcome to try the one I use (successfully, so far):

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fidelit ... Login/Init

Lance ==)----------------
lrreiche

Postby d9point0 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 am

lance's site does indeed work - i have this bookmarked separately from the url i posted above because it goes initially to net benefits rather than the fidelity main site - however, you can redirect to netbenefits or fidelity.com from either url and you will remain logged in.
d9point0

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins