mypay.dfas.mil ???

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

mypay.dfas.mil ???

Postby SCClockDr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi All

My first post.

I am having difficulty logging to US Military My Pay site They have a 2 screen protocol with the first screen asking for your SSN or a login ID. If data is in both fields then an error is generated. I believe I've taught LastPass (LP) to handle this correctly.

The next screen (New Window) presents a field for my pin and a virtual keyboard.
    It appears they use a randomly generated button sequencing scheme such that:
  1. The keyboard is reshuffled for each login attempt.
  2. Clicking a W say, results in filling the PIN field with different character (X, 9, ^, etc.) that they apparently understand as a W.
  3. The field filled character is indeed different for each login attempt.
  4. Filling the field from LP results in an unrecognized PW due to the substitution that is taking place.

They appear to be using JavaScript mouse mapping / Tab & Space Bar to select the PIN characters.

Is there any way for LP to enter the saved PW by virtually clicking the appropriate virtual KeyBoard buttons as the appear on the screen? (Random order with each login)

Thanks in advance!
SCClockDr

Re: mypay.dfas.mil ???

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm

SCClockDr Wrote:
    It appears they use a randomly generated button sequencing scheme such that:
  1. The keyboard is reshuffled for each login attempt.
  2. Clicking a W say, results in filling the PIN field with different character (X, 9, ^, etc.) that they apparently understand as a W.
  3. The field filled character is indeed different for each login attempt.
  4. Filling the field from LP results in an unrecognized PW due to the substitution that is taking place.

There's no way currently for LastPass to solve this -- sorry!
JoeSiegrist

Re: mypay.dfas.mil ???

Postby SCClockDr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks Joe!

I was afraid that would be the case. I just love the way Gov-Co can mess stuff up. :(
SCClockDr

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins