Filling Prefilled Forms

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Filling Prefilled Forms

Postby robhic » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:44 pm

This is the proper description I hope. When I go to 2 sites I have bookmarked, the 2 fields are prefilled with the words "username" or "email address", and "password" already in the 2 boxes. I can clear the boxes from the Lastpass toolbar but upon hitting "fill forms" the choices I get only fill the "username" box (and with the incorrect username, at that) and nothing else 'automatic' happens. I only get my standard username instead of the correct username for that site or email address for the site(s) as required.

I can type the info myself but how is that helping anything? I'd expect Lastpass to autofill (the boxes are all checked to autofill) the box now cleared out when the boxes clear.

Is there some way to clear the prefilled boxes AND have Lastpass then fill the now-cleared boxes? I only get my two profiles as choices (along with credit card options) in the dropdown boxes. Neither of which fills the now-cleared forms.

Thanks for any info on this and I hope this made sense.

Robert
robhic

Re: Filling Prefilled Forms

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm

I'm not sure I understand -- are you trying to use Form Fill to fill login information? These steps should fix any autofill issues: https://lastpass.com/help.php?topic=log ... mwebsite=1
JoeSiegrist

Re: Filling Prefilled Forms

Postby robhic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Joe:

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I was doing something wrong and your advice allowed me to straighten this out. I did as you suggested and watched the video. Then I deleted my existing Lastpass entry and started over.

I opened the site and entered the pertinent info then clicked on the Lastpass icon and selected the "save all entered data" line. I then went into my entry and deleted all unnecessary fields and things work.

One note FYI, though. It's not 100% right. When Lastpass logs in, both boxes (email address and password) are filled with my email address. The box for email address has the Lastpass icon in it but the password box doesn't. If I click within the password box, my email address gets replaced with the black dots for the password (it's correct), the icon appears and the site opens. So it works, just not perfectly. This could be the site's problem.

This is better than it was and I appreciate your help and time. I will play around with it more to see what I can find.

Again, thanks for the help,

Robert
robhic

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins