"Between" logins and form-fills

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

"Between" logins and form-fills

Postby richlivi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Somewhere "between" username/password logins and filling in forms that request the same basic information (name, address, ccard, etc.) are forms that request information other than what LastPass allows with its new form-fill feature. Let me give you one very simple example to explain what I mean. I'm a member of the American Academy of Religion. When you go to their site, http://aarweb.org/, you will notice that it allows members to enter their name and member ID at the top of each page. However, because it isn't requesting the ID via a regular password input field, LastPass doesn't fill it in. Now, of course, I should send a message to to their website admins to start handling this in a more "standard" way, but this raises a larger question: for sites that request customized information that is not available in LP's new form-filling mechanism, are there any work-arounds so that I can use LP to auto-fill them?

Another way of asking my question is this: Within the current framework, do you think it would be technically possible for LastPass to do the following? On any given page with a form, have a LP button pop up at the top of the page that is labeled "Store Form" (or even better, so that you don't get an annoying pop-up on every page with a form, just add a "Store Form" option on the toolbar or sidebar). When I click on that button, LP reads all the fields, and then prompts me with its own AJAX form to fill them in. Once I click "Save", LP stores the data, fills in the form, and I never have to manually fill that form again. Any chance something like this might be supported in the future?
richlivi

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins