some sites do not allow autofill, have to use LP icon's list

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

some sites do not allow autofill, have to use LP icon's list

Postby AKRBT » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm

some sites, for example Google, will not let me modify them to automatically autofill.. When I start Firefox and sign into Last Pass I usually go right to GMAIL, my home page, but it will not autofill and no Last Pass buttons or options appear below the tabs area.. the site is already saved in my vault, and it has"Autologi" checked and DOES NOT have "Never Autofill"checked..
it is a real time waste because I have to go up to the Last Pass plug in icon, click on it, then hit "Google" on the bottom of the list, then hit "Autofill".. THAT IS NOT "AUTOFILL".. I have tried deleting the site in Last Pass and redoing it, but the same scenario comes back every time.
AKRBT

Re: some sites do not allow autofill, have to use LP icon's list

Postby MxxCon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:20 pm

there is something wrong with your setup.
google works fine for me...
MxxCon

Postby AKRBT » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks- not! That is really not a useful reply to my original post, why did you bother?!
My set up is fine- I have over forty sites working great with last pass- where I am already signed in to Last Pass, I go to a site that needs a password and/or user name filled in, up pops the Last Pass options across the top of the web page, I choose auto log-in, autofill, etc..
that was GMAIL when I first added it to Last Pass..
now though, and yes, I have deleted GMAIL and GOOGLE from Last Pass multiple times and re-saved the log-in screen to last Pass in order to try and fix this, when I first go to GMAIL's log in screen, the page-top Last Pass bar never appears anymore.. I have to go up to the Last Pass plug-in's pull down menu, go down to the bottom where GMAIL and GOOGLE are listed, choose autofill, then go back to the web page and click "sign in".. it never offers to re-emember the site even if it had been deleted, and I cannot set it to autofill automatically anymore..
There I described my situation again- if you have constructive advice please respond. Don't bother telling me "my setup is wrong" without explaining how it is "wrong" and don't tell me yours "works fine" without telling me why versus my "setup".. that is not constructive, thanks anyways..
AKRBT

Postby h0pc » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:57 am

On the rare occasions when I can't get one of my logins to work properly, often by deleting the credentials from LP and then recreating them I can make everything work well again.

-E

ps...I don't think MxxCon was trying to be an ass. Maybe he only had time to provide another data point saying that the problem isn't necessarily a widespread problem and that it's likely localized to just your particular setup.
h0pc

Postby AKRBT » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 pm

Multiple times I have deleted Google's "credentials" and GMAILs "credentials" from Last Pass (I go to my vault and hit delete for those entries), gone back to the log in pages, re-entered my log in data, and when it asks if I want Last Pass to save the site, I hit yes. I then exit. Next time I go to that log in page the Last Pass bar does not appear giving me the button to autofill, so I have to go up to the Last Pass plug-in icon, go down the pull down menu, go down to to the bottom, go into Google's sub menu, hit autofill, then go back to the log in page and actually hit sign in.
AKRBT

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm

AKRBT Wrote:Multiple times I have deleted Google's "credentials" and GMAILs "credentials" from Last Pass (I go to my vault and hit delete for those entries), gone back to the log in pages, re-entered my log in data, and when it asks if I want Last Pass to save the site, I hit yes. I then exit. Next time I go to that log in page the Last Pass bar does not appear giving me the button to autofill, so I have to go up to the Last Pass plug-in icon, go down the pull down menu, go down to to the bottom, go into Google's sub menu, hit autofill, then go back to the log in page and actually hit sign in.

Did you set 'Never AutoFill' either generally (Preferences) or for this Site/Domain (Account Settings -> Never)
JoeSiegrist

Postby AKRBT » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks-
you may be on to something- even though I was deleting Google and Gmail credentials Google was still listed as a site/domain in the "never auto login list" under account settings.
Under "preferences" (found under the plug-in icon's pull down menu )I do not see the options for "never autofill" any longer..I am attaching a screen shot to demonstrate.
I think I remember that is where that check option and other missing check boxes were when I first set up Last Pass-- so maybe my "setup" is incorrect or my install is broken?
Please advise
AKRBT

Postby AKRBT » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Yes- google was listed under the NEVER AUTOLOGIN list.. I deleted it and the problem seems solved. Thank you.
AKRBT

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins