Equivalent IP address?

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Equivalent IP address?

Postby Ronnyjoz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:37 am

My cable modem/router has a different IP address depending whther it's in modem mode or router mode. Nevertheless the login is the same. I thought it would be as simple as adding the two IP addresses as equivalent domains but LastPass is still flagging them up as separate sites with duplicate passwords. Seems it is OK wign xxxx.com,yyyyy.com but cannot deal with the situation where a site has no domain name.

It's not often I need to re-enable router mode on this device but there are occasions when I need to do so for compatibility reasons. Basically I want LastPass to treat 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 as the same site, and Equivalent Domains doesn't seem to work in this situation.

Ant ideas on a way round this?
Ronnyjoz

Re: Equivalent IP address?

Postby seanLP » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:25 am

Hello Ronnyjoz,

What behavior are you seeing once you have set up the equivalent domains? I attempted that here and it seems to work fine.
seanLP

Postby Ronnyjoz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 am

Whe I do a security check it still reports them as two separate sites with duplicate passwords. No biggie, I know, but I can get a bit OCD over these things.
Ronnyjoz

Postby bruce157 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

In our corporate network, some machines do not have DNS entries, but are connected into the corporate credentials system. IOW, I'd like to be able to consider XYZ.com and 1.2.*.* as equivalent.

I tried adding the below line to the "Equivalent Domains". but when I go to 1.2.3.4, I get challenged, and LastPass says there are no matching domains:
XYZ.com,1.2.*

If I put the ENTIRE IP in the "Equivalent Domains", then it matches - but given there are 65,000 possible addresses, I don't want to type them all.
bruce157

Postby dmitrijLP » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 am

bruce157 Wrote:In our corporate network, some machines do not have DNS entries, but are connected into the corporate credentials system. IOW, I'd like to be able to consider XYZ.com and 1.2.*.* as equivalent.

I tried adding the below line to the "Equivalent Domains". but when I go to 1.2.3.4, I get challenged, and LastPass says there are no matching domains:
XYZ.com,1.2.*

If I put the ENTIRE IP in the "Equivalent Domains", then it matches - but given there are 65,000 possible addresses, I don't want to type them all.

Hi bruce157,

That is something on our pending implementations list, the subnet support for the Equivalent Domains should be implemented in the close future.

Kind regards,
Dmitrij
dmitrijLP

Postby bruce157 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm

dmitrijLP Wrote:Hi bruce157,

That is something on our pending implementations list, the subnet support for the Equivalent Domains should be implemented in the close future.

Kind regards,
Dmitrij

Has this been included recently?

Thanks....
bruce157

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:50 pm

bruce157 Wrote:
dmitrijLP Wrote:Hi bruce157,

Kind regards,
Dmitrij

Has this been included recently?

Thanks....

No it hasn't.
jpenny84

Postby vegaswyko681 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:59 am

I would like to add my support for this. I would love to have this be possible.
vegaswyko681

Postby hjb81 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:02 am

Of course when I'm away I may need to admin my routers remotely.
I can maintain my mums modem remotely if she has a problem.
But I still need to be able to access them locally and I don't want to have to maintain duplicate entries.
Also I can have a ddns domain name associated with a router so I need to be able to make that equivalent too.
This would really kick ass if it did this.
hjb81

Postby lockeSheboygan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:10 pm

dmitrijLP Wrote:
bruce157 Wrote:In our corporate network, some machines do not have DNS entries, but are connected into the corporate credentials system. IOW, I'd like to be able to consider XYZ.com and 1.2.*.* as equivalent.

XYZ.com,1.2.*

Hi bruce157,

Kind regards,
Dmitrij

OK, Dmitrij, it's been 213 days. Please implement ASAP for this WAN admin. :D
lockeSheboygan

Next

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins