WGBH.ORG, lastpass won't save site

A list of problematic websites and workarounds to make them work

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

WGBH.ORG, lastpass won't save site

Postby AlanMintaka » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 am

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting LastPass to work with WGBH.ORG in FireFox 3.5.2. LastPass is version 1.51.2.

There are two ways to login on WGBH.ORG. One is a "sign in" link near the top of the page. The other is a "Sign In" link in the "MyWGBH" panel further down on the left.

LastPass works differently depending on which login is used. It can get pretty bizarre.

If the "Sign In" link on the top of the page is used, LastPass will ask to save the site. But it will save "password" as the username regardless of what is entered. Even If this is corrected via editing the site in the LastPass vault, the next time WGBH.ORG is accessed and "sign in" is clicked, nothing happens. If the site login info is accessed via the LastPass toolbar icon in FireFox and "autofill is selected", nothing happens.

If the "sign in" link in the "MyWGBH" panel is used on the lower left side of WGBH.ORG, the results are unpredictable. Sometimes LastPass will ask to save the site after a userid and password are entered, sometimes not. If it does save the site, once again "Password" is saved as the userid regardless of what is entered. If LastPass does save the site, the next time WGBH.ORG is accessed and "Sign In" is clicked, nothing happens at first. If the site is accessed via the LastPass toolbar icon and Autofill is selected, the userid and password fields become outlined in red and appended with the LastPass icon, but the fields are not filled in. If "Autofill" is clicked again, nothing happens. The sequence of events seems to vary somewhat each time I try to use the MyWGBH signin.

Sorry that was so wordy. A lot happens sometimes!

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about what can be done to automate logins on WGBH.ORG?

Thanks for your time,
AlanMintaka

Re: WGBH.ORG, lastpass won't save site

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 am

Any site that pops Neil deGrasse Tyson on the first screen has to be good, made me want to donate even though it's not my local PBS. This site is somewhat strangely coded but it appears if you use 'Save All Entered Data' (step 5): https://lastpass.com/help.php?topic=log ... mwebsite=1 it should work.
JoeSiegrist

Return to Workarounds For Problematic Logins