Google Chrome update broke basic auth autofill

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Google Chrome update broke basic auth autofill

Postby LSteven » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Now it works just fine. So I guess it wasn't because of a Chrome update after all. I guess I must've been using the IP address before. So what does this mean for the future of basic authentication in lastpass?
LSteven

Postby drew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah, the only way I see it working in the past is if you were using a hostname with a "." in it, an IP address, or had Chrome set to English.

As for HTTP authentication support in general, Firefox is the only browser whose extensions API allows us to directly fill data into an HTTP authentication window. The methods we're using for Internet Explorer and Chrome are really hacks, when it comes down to it. Thus, they're often susceptible to breaking when changes are made to the browsers.
drew

Postby luckman212 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 am

I am wondering if the LP 2.55 (binary true) version is currently working with Chrome v29.0.1547,57m (Windows) for BasicAuth logins? Because I tried everything but I can't get it to work. Here's what my Tools>About says:

Version: 2.5.5
Built: 2013-08-21 22:49:02
Binary Component: true (NPAPI).
luckman212

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:10 am

jpenny84

Postby hlslaughter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Looking for the solution to same problem. HTTP Auth popups are not recognized for URLs on the LAN at work (in Chrome).

Odd thing is that for one specific URL, the popup dialogue is prepopulated with user/pass, but it's using an old password and does not offer to save the new password once I enter it.

All our internal sites are using Microsoft crap, so these popups appear over and over and over. I really need lastpass to autofill these for me so I can use our internal sites.
hlslaughter

Postby drew » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm

The Chrome team has provided a workaround for now. Go to:

chrome://flags/

find "Views Textfield", and change it to "Disabled". Restart Chrome and your dialogs should be fillable again.
drew

Postby scott459 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:51 am

The Chrome team has provided a workaround for now. Go to:

chrome://flags/

find "Views Textfield", and change it to "Disabled". Restart Chrome and your dialogs should be fillable again.

This worked for me, glad I can get LP working again as I was about to change back to Firefox. It would be good if this fix could be made as a sticky because I'm sure there are a lot of people having this problem at the moment.
scott459

Postby wsdxr29 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:16 am

Hi, this also fixed the problem for me with Chrome basic auth.

Thanks for the work around.

Hopefully will be addressed in the next version of laspass.
wsdxr29

Postby drew » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Chrome has been patched to support the functionality we needed to fix this. The latest LastPass for Chrome pre-build has been updated to support this patch:

https://rodan.lastpass.com/lpp/

It currently works on the latest Chrome Canary build, and will presumably work on the Chrome dev channel next time it's released. It should in theory support Chrome 30 (currently in beta) if this patch ever makes it there, but without a working build, it's hard to tell for sure.
drew

Postby luckman212 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi there
Since Chrome v30 is now out in the official channel (just updated) - can you guys please fast-track this fix into the release version of the LastPass + binary extension? Been a long time coming on this fix! thanks
luckman212

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting