IE10 - Windows 8 - Long pauses

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

IE10 - Windows 8 - Long pauses

Postby tc93 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Something is wrong today, and I didn't install anything new. Lastpass is causing IE10 to pause roughly 18 seconds before IE10 will display the homepage. It also has the long pause if I open a new window. It does not pause if I browse in that window.

It is Lastpass causing it also, because as soon as I disable the Lastpass addon in Windows 8, it fixes the problem.

I tried reinstalling Lastpass, but that did not help.
tc93

Re: IE10 - Windows 8 - Long pauses

Postby 4xMeister » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm

I too am having the identical problem. I have also determined it too be lastpast by disabling it and having the problem go away.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled lastpass and the problem still continues.
This problem just started today Dec 6th, 2012.
4xMeister

Postby katoa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Ditto. Win 8 64bit, IE10, with only Lastpass add-on enabled. Other browsers work fine.

Just started happening today (12/6).
katoa

Postby Mark_Patterson » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Ditto ... only Win7 with IE10. Disableing Lastpass plug in also fixes my new page, new tab slow downs.
Mark_Patterson

Postby DexterAndDonuts » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm

it's getting stuck attempting to check the revocation lists at http://ocsp.usertrust.com

LastPass in IE seems to need to hit this site. Disabling the IE LastPass plugin resolves the issue and unchecking "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" also resolves the issue.

Not happening with Chrome version of LastPass though.

There was a DNS issue today:

https://isc.sans.edu/diary/Comodo+DNS+hiccup+on+usertrust+com/14653

excerpt:
"We received a report from a reader (thanks Marco!) that earlier today, "usertrust.com", a domain used by Comodo CA, apparently was pointing elsewhere for a while. From information captured by passive DNS sensors, it indeed looks like the NS records were changed to "ns1.pendingrenewaldeletion.com" and the A records were changed to point to 208.91.197.132, both indicative of a domain that has been "parked" by Network Solutions. Two hours later, the DNS records were updated again, and pointed back to Comodo. Given that the registration record on Network Solutions' WHOIS shows a renewal date of December 5 for the usertrust.com domain, it is probably fair to assume that "something" went wrong in the renewal."

UPDATE:
problem has resolved.
Last edited by DexterAndDonuts on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
DexterAndDonuts

Postby NCEDAUS » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

tc93 wrote:Something is wrong today, and I didn't install anything new. Lastpass is causing IE10 to pause roughly 18 seconds before IE10 will display the homepage. It also has the long pause if I open a new window. It does not pause if I browse in that window.

It is Lastpass causing it also, because as soon as I disable the Lastpass addon in Windows 8, it fixes the problem.

I tried reinstalling Lastpass, but that did not help.

I also began having the same problem today. Everything was fine yesterday. (I'm running IE9 on Windows 7 64-bit.)

I uninstalled LP, then downloaded the latest version and installed it. Now, because of the new version, I have an additional problem. There is new behavior (which I hate) in Firefox when there are multiple login credentials associated with a web page. Instead of have a drop-down list which extends to the full height of the screen, it has a box that only displays five entries. This is a real pain. This drop-down needs to be much taller.

In addition to the long delay before displaying the homepage in IE, LP will no longer "Share login state between other browers" with regard to IE. It will still share the state between FF and Chrome, but neither of those will share with IE.

And since the re-install did not fix the IE9 delay problem, I've had to disable LP to make it useable. I've resorted to only using FF or Chrome for anything that needs me to log in.
NCEDAUS

Postby DexterAndDonuts » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am

problem cleared up for me and IE is working again. Fiddler trace no longer shows IE trying to hit the site http://ocsp.usertrust.com for revocation list
DexterAndDonuts

Postby NCEDAUS » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 am

I discovered that my laptop, which is setup the same as my desktop (IE9 on Win7 64-bit), was not having any delay when IE opened. It turns out that the laptop was using Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). So, I changed by desktop to use those, and bingo! It fixed the IE delay problem.

Then, I changed the DNS number back to the original (of my local ISP), but the problem did NOT return. IE still opens without any delays. Though, using "nslookup usertrust.com" at a command prompt, I did notice that Google's DNS returns 216.126.201.89, and my ISP's DNS returns 208.91.197.132.

One problem that is still not resolved:
IE will not respond correctly to the "Share login state between other browsers". (Yes, that setting is checked in the other browser's LP preferences.) Again, this all worked fine yesterday.
NCEDAUS

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting