LastPass updates

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass updates

Postby roybowls » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 pm

How do I check that my LastPass is up-to-date? Also, how do I download a Firefox plug-in?

roybowls
roybowls

Re: LastPass updates

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Here are installation instructions from the LastPass user manual: http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/getting-st ... nstalling/ .
jpenny84

Postby rej » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm

LastPass icon>tools>Check for Update
rej

Postby roybowls » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 am

Thank you for the replies. I have found how to find the updates.

Regarding the Firefox plug-in. What help exactly does it provide and can't I install the plug-in without having to reload my LastPass?

roybowls
roybowls

Postby rej » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 pm

When you downloaded LP, you downloaded an installer which when run installed a browser extension for FF. See http://helpdesk.lastpass.com/getting-st ... nstalling/ . This you can see at FF tools>addons>extensions. If you click on the the “more” link for LP and scroll down to the end, you should see that “automatic updates” is selected at “default” (which I presume to be the same as on, since I’ve never changed mine). If for some reason you don’t get an auto update, or you find it necessary to reinstall, you will have to go to the download page and download and run the updated installer. (I think that’s right-maybe someone will correct me.) I suppose you could keep the install file somewhere, but you run the risk of it not being current without checking before reinstall.
rej

Postby roybowls » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 am

Thanks, rej! I should have thought of that.
roybowls

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting