LastPass detected a login form that is insecure on sites

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass detected a login form that is insecure on sites

Postby mindleftnumb » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Whenever I visit a few sites such as Digg.com or Joystiq.com I receive the "LastPass detected a login form that is insecure." box. This is on the latest Firefox and regardless if I'm already logged in. It makes browsing these sites very cumbersome because every page I visit I need to click "no" . Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? Thank you,
mindleftnumb

Re: LastPass detected a login form that is insecure on sites

Postby Israel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 pm

You can turn this off under preferences > advanced (warn before filling insecure forms)
Israel
Site Admin

Postby mindleftnumb » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Thank you for the reply. I did see this option but I'd prefer not to turn off ALL notifications. I figure there's just some type of incompatibility with certain sites?
mindleftnumb

Postby markb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm getting three of these anytime I view articles on msnbc.com! It's really very annoying. This brings up a number of problems with LastPass that I'd like to see fixed:

1) Add an option to never fill insecure forms. Turning off the warning seems like a bad idea and filling the forms anyway seems like a bad idea.
2) Don't use a dialog box, since it interrupts the user. Why can't a bar be displayed at the top, like LastPass does for everything else?
3) This warning should tell me what site it's talking about. I don't have anything saved in LastPass for msnbc.com, so it must be some cross-site thing hidden in the page.

Thanks.
markb

Postby mindleftnumb » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 am

Any update on this?
mindleftnumb

Postby raincity » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

I have just started getting the "Lastpass detected a form that is insecure" message on all kinds of web sites. It seems that something has changed, perhaps due to a Lastpass plugin update, however I made no changes to my settings. How can this constant nagging be disabled without disabling other features of Lastpass?
raincity

Postby raincity » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Would someone from Lastpass please address this issue?
raincity

Postby markb » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I finally figured out what was causing this for msnbc.com. It was my saved credentials for login.live.com. I still haven't figured out what on these pages was causing the warning. The only way I could find to eliminate the warning was to delete login.live.com from LastPass. Not an ideal solution. Not even selecting "never autofill" for my login.live.com credentials would work.

Good luck figuring out which saved credentials are causing the problem for you. I had to go through the whole list one at a time, altering the URL field until the problem went away.
markb

Postby mindleftnumb » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 pm

That sucks.
mindleftnumb

Postby mcgwier249 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm getting this on every page of a site I visit even when there is no login form on the page and I am already logged on. If there was a form to fill or I was not logged on this could make since but not in the situation I am finding. Since this just started recently it is apparently due to an update so could you please get this fixed because it is getting irritating to have to click on every page.
mcgwier249

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting