Last Pass in Chrome

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Last Pass in Chrome

Postby ccountswv » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 am

I installed the LastPass Universal Windows Installer...The icon shows up in my Firefox and IE toolbar, but not Chrome...How do I get it on Chrome?
ccountswv

Re: Last Pass in Chrome

Postby pentup » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

ccountswv Wrote:I installed the LastPass Universal Windows Installer...The icon shows up in my Firefox and IE toolbar, but not Chrome...How do I get it on Chrome?

I'm seeing the same thing today. I did a fresh install of windows, loaded chrome, loaded lastpass universal installer. The plugin doesn't show up in Chrome but it works fine in IE 9.
pentup

Postby Israel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:49 am

lastpass.com/dl to install in chrome (or any browser).
Israel
Site Admin

Postby pentup » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Israel Wrote:lastpass.com/dl to install in chrome (or any browser).

Thanks!
pentup

Postby jwm » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 am

I am trying to install Last Pass on my wife's new computer, running Win 7, 64 bit. Do you know if Last Pass works for Chrome? It installed for IE, but does not even seem to have an option for Chrome. Last pass works for Chrome on my 32 bit Win 7 machine.
jwm

Postby pentup » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 am

I was able to get it loaded using this link.
Last edited by pentup on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pentup

Postby waree » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

Hi, same issue here, thought that the universal installer works with IE/FF/Chrome without doing anything more...

So I'm gonna download the Chrome thing but what is the difference between with/without binary feature ?
waree

Postby itzkakarot » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Can we get a confirmation on whether or not the universal installer is supposed to work with Chrome?
itzkakarot

Postby itzkakarot » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:42 pm

itzkakarot Wrote:Can we get a confirmation on whether or not the universal installer is supposed to work with Chrome?

I asked this because I was having the same issue, Chrome was installed but the LP Universal Installer wasn't detecting it at all. To finally get it working, here's what I had to do:

1. Uninstalled Chrome
  2. Browsed to http://www.google.com/chrome/ with IE
  3. Click "Download Google Chrome" and follow on screen instructions to reinstall
  4. Re-ran the LP Universal Installer, Chrome's now on the list

I'm guessing the initial problem was caused by the fact that Google keeps changing where Chrome gets saved on the hard drive. The latest installer now puts the EXE at C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application" on Win7. Some older versions of Chrome didn't have the additional "Application" directory. I would assume that if one installed an old version of Chrome, and simply allowed it to auto-update without uninstalling/reinstalling, the path never got changed.

So for the LP Universal Installer to be fully compatible with Chrome, it likely has to check all paths, both current and old(er).

Hope this helps...
itzkakarot

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting