LastPass won't stay logged in today on multiple computers

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass won't stay logged in today on multiple computers

Postby Alucinor » Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 am

As of today I cannot get LastPass to stay logged in on any computer / browser. Previously it would stay logged in fine when closing and reopening a browser. I do not have any of the "Automatically Log Off" boxes checked. On my main computer, I have verified that my session is staying active and that I accept third party cookies via the steps at: https://lastpass.com/debug.php

I am experiencing the problem on the following systems / browsers:

Computer 1:
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 4.0.1

Computer 2:
Chrome 11.0.696.60

Computer 3:
Firefox 4.0.1
Internet Explorer 7
Alucinor

Re: LastPass won't stay logged in today on multiple computer

Postby Israel » Thu May 05, 2011 11:14 am

This would probably be because you need to change your master password : http://blog.lastpass.com/2011/05/lastpa ... ation.html
Israel
Site Admin

Postby oplimini » Fri May 06, 2011 8:43 am

A couple of things that are incomplete or non-functional about this response and in the online blog:

1) The blog post about this issue instructs us to change our master passwords, but doesn't instruct us how to do that.

2) If we figure out that the master password change is probably on lastpass.com, login, Vault, under "Settings"....it says we cannot access that function for a few hours to come. (Note: I tried before 6 AM Eastern time and LastPass still said the servers are overloaded)

3) Further in that blog, it says that we can access passwords in offline mode (how?) or by downloading LastPass Pocket (URL given takes us to the full LastPass download installation....I think I had that already but I reinstalled...it's not called "Pocket") The blog does not explain what Pocket is.

4) Some people mention receiving an email. I don't think I got one.

5) I've been using LastPass from the same ISP, which occasionally changes IPs. LastPass lets me log in, but then boots me off with an "offline mode" notification after a minute. The "offline mode" notification should be modified to say that this is a known system-wide issue with a cogent link to an explanation and also a link to re-login...it does not. What am I supposed to be doing?

So I think that the communications on this issue have been confusing, laden with LP insider jargon, etc. When there are "new strategies" they should just wipe away the old blog posts and clearly spell out what users are supposed to do at this time. It's all very confusing.
oplimini

Postby DavidGT » Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

What koam said. Poor communication. I knew nothing about the cause until I found this forum post. I'm being logged off, getting messages that I'm in offline mode - but nothing to tell me the cause.

The small strip at the top of the home page that I have now found after scanning up and down the page could hardly be less noticeable. It blends in to the design. Also, it says nothing about the cause of the problem. It is misleading:

"We are experiecing extremely high load. We're intentionally logging you in using offline mode See this blog post."

That is not the reason for this issue. It is a symptom of this issue. I can imagine many people will read that and think "oh, server overload. No biggie. Not worth reading the blog post." You're misleading your users. Not impressive.
DavidGT

Postby reesd » Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 am

So how do we solve the offline logon problem? I keep getting logged out offline, how do I fix that? As others have said, its not clear at all. I'm happy to wait to update my master password, just tell me how to get offline to keep working and not logging me out.

d
reesd

Postby XIII » Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 am

reesd wrote:So how do we solve the offline logon problem?

Have you tried what's in Update #3 of the blog?

http://blog.lastpass.com/2011/05/lastpa ... ation.html
XIII

Postby RichardMW » Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm

I tried update #3 and can access my vault through the browser.
But, ie IE9, instead of seeing the "red asterisk" LastPass icon, I see a "logoff" LastPass icon.
I think that means I am logged in off-line.
Is that correct?

I changed my Citibank password, but the new password does not seem to have been saved in LastPass, either in the on-line vault or the off-line vault. This is not good.
What should I do now? When will LastPass be expected to work completely again?

:?: Update: I see the red asterisk LastPass icon in Chrome but not in IE9.
This is very strange.

XIII wrote:
reesd wrote:So how do we solve the offline logon problem?

Have you tried what's in Update #3 of the blog?

http://blog.lastpass.com/2011/05/lastpa ... ation.html
RichardMW

Postby pezza » Fri May 06, 2011 5:09 pm

To download pocket the link on the blog takes you to the download site click windows (if that what you have) and scroll down to near bottom pocket is there, download and it will let you open your vault.

Perry
pezza

Postby lastpasser2011 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 pm

I have been unable to stay logged into LastPass today. After a few seconds, it logs me out. This is particularly problematic because I have some sites that require me to input the password again. By the time I do that, the site has kicked me out. I'd say this has has happened at least 15 times today. The option to be prompted for a password after a certain period of time is gone.

I believe I'm using the most recent versions of LP and chrome on a pc netbook with Windows 7.
lastpasser2011

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting