CCleaner and account recovery

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

CCleaner and account recovery

Postby Diogones » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Greetings Lastpass Forum!

I recently ran CCleaner to remove my Internet browser's cache, history, cookies, compact databases, and saved form information. Afterwords, when I opened my browser, my Lastpass account was logged off. This is not unusual, as I deleted the session as well. But since I didn't remember my password, I was sure I could use Lastpass' password recovery to obtain my temporary OTP to reset my Master Password. Unfortunately, after I received the password recovery email, clicked on the link, and selected the "Press to Recover Account" button, I received the message: Login Failed. Invalid username or one-time-password. I'm not sure what that could mean. My username wasn't asked for during the entire account recovery process, and I was certain I didn't delete my OTP (it's hidden, so I don't even know where it would be to delete it) or disable the account recovery option within my Lastpass account. Did my browser have it saved somehow in its cache, and CCleaner removed it along with the rest of the browser files? Is there anything I can do to solve this error and recover my account? I'd be very grateful for any help! :|
Diogones

Re: CCleaner and account recovery

Postby Israel » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

CCleaner probably deleted your disabled OTP - we generally don't recommend using this software as it's been known to remove the extension completely.
Israel
Site Admin

Re: CCleaner and account recovery

Postby Sorok7 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 am

I have same issue. Pls help to solve it.
Sorok7

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting