LastPass does not always ask to save username and password

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass does not always ask to save username and password

Postby kojaks43 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:11 pm

When I went to my mail order pharmacy, I entered my username and password. LastPass did not ask if it should save it. After I logged in, I changed the username and <alt> g, and the password generator gave me a password. It asked to save that. I thought I was golden. When I went back to LastPass and asked that it log in to the site, it brought me the page necessary to revise my username and password. I deleted that LastPass from the vault.

I went back to the log in page of the pharmacy and copied the url. I then asked LastPass to show me the deleted items. I asked that Last Pass undelete that site.
LastPass lied. The Pharmacy site never appeared back in the vault.

When I go the pharmacy site, I can manually enter the username and the LastPass generated password, but LastPass refuses to save the site with the name and password.

The only way I can get into the pharmacy is to enter the 15 character password manually.

Why doesn't this work?
kojaks43

Re: LastPass does not always ask to save username and passwo

Postby ahow628 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:52 am

Try using the "Save All Entered Data" feature. It will allow you to enter the username and password on a page that LastPass does not recognize. It is also useful for multipage logins where your username and password are asked for on separate pages.
ahow628

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting