Printing LastPass List and Passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Printing LastPass List and Passwords

Postby Backnine29 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Where did you find directions to print my entire LastPass list and passwords? I don't see any reference in FAQ. I find no "Print" option in the LastPass vault.

I see where I can toggle the password and encription of individual password listings, but no print feature.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Larry
Backnine29

Re: Printing LastPass List and Passwords

Postby linuxdaemon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 pm

I don't know of any menu option that allows you to do that. I would also not expect that to be a common request.

Depending on what your goal is with the printed passwords, there may be a more secure way of accomplishing your goal, but to answer your question specifically: You can accomplish this though, by exporting your passwords. Navigate to "LastPass Icon->Tools->Export To->LastPass CSV File". Then you can open it in a spreadsheet and print from there. Note that this process will create an unencrypted file with all your LastPass information in it.
linuxdaemon

Postby Backnine29 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks! The result meets my needs.
Backnine29

Postby Israel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 am

We also have print functionality under Tools > Print - access it by clicking the LastPass icon.

Make sure you delete that CSV after you print it so you don't have a file sitting on your drive which is a goldmine for anyone wanting your accounts information.
Israel
Site Admin

Postby linuxdaemon » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Israel wrote:We also have print functionality under Tools > Print - access it by clicking the LastPass icon.

Make sure you delete that CSV after you print it so you don't have a file sitting on your drive which is a goldmine for anyone wanting your accounts information.

I have no idea how I missed that menu option DIRECTLY underneath the one I referred to in my post :)
linuxdaemon

Postby Backnine29 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Either way, you guys got me covered!

linuxdaemon wrote:
Israel wrote:We also have print functionality under Tools > Print - access it by clicking the LastPass icon.

I have no idea how I missed that menu option DIRECTLY underneath the one I referred to in my post :)
Backnine29

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting