LastPass does not remember my computer

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass does not remember my computer

Postby oho737 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

LastPass tells me every day that my iMac (with latest OS) or the ip address is new and not recognized. My MBP has identical OS, programs and settings (and uses same internet) and LastPass does remember that computer.

With my iMac, I did try this::

Data folders in macOS:

Go to ~/Library/Containers/com.lastpass.LastPass/Data/Library/Application Support/LastPass/Containers
Open the com.lastpass.LastPass folder, then delete all of the files within.

Didn't help.

This is very annoying, how do I fix it?
oho737

Re: LastPass does not remember my computer

Postby oho737 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:45 pm

I might add that this started a couple of weeks ago. Before, it worked just fine. When I check the settings, the "trusted devices" list is empty, including the MacBook Pro I mentioned which does not have this same problem.

How do I even add a trusted device? When I do this: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... n-lp030010 "4. In the "Label" column, locate your device (the default auto-generated name will be alphanumeric, unless you re-named it), then uncheck the box for "Enabled". When finished, close the Account Settings window., I cannot do that since I see no label column anywhere anywhere, there is nothing what to to click on, no devices listed.
oho737

Re: LastPass does not remember my computer

Postby oho737 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 am

Did the library container removal thing again, no help.

Why is my iMac not recognized as my trusted device, but my MBP is? They both use the same ip / internet. Every single time I restart my iMac I have to do the verification again. With MBP, never.

Why is my trusted devices -list always completely empty? Even after verifying devices, there are no computers listed -- neither iMac or MBP or any other device that I have used in all these years.

Why my "trusted devices" column is empty? I cannot manually add any device, there is nothing what to click on.
oho737

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting