Where is my export file?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Where is my export file?

Postby MarvinGardens » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Running Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. I want to export a copy of my LastPass vault to a CSV file. I have done this many times and it always asks where I want to store the file, but now, after I select "Export LastPass CSV file" the screen flashes and nothing happens. I'm assuming (hoping) my file was stored somewhere. Any idea where?
MarvinGardens

Re: Where is my export file?

Postby bosspublic351 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:51 am

There is an issue with the export function in FireFox which has been already reported to LastPass. Try doing it from Chrome.
bosspublic351

Postby MarvinGardens » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:32 am

One of the reasons I punted Chrome in favor of Firefox was that I was unable to export my LastPass vault. It created the CSV file, but instead of asking me where to save it, it just displayed it in another browser tab. Has this been fixed? I don't want to install Chrome again just to run into the same problem.

Looks like the export process works OK under Internet Explorer.
MarvinGardens

Postby LucasDavies » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 am

MarvinGardens Wrote:Running Firefox 77.0.1 on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. I want to export a copy of my LastPass vault to a CSV file. I have done this many times and it always asks where I want to store the file, but now, after I select "Export LastPass CSV file" the screen flashes and nothing happens. I'm assuming (hoping) my file was stored somewhere. Any idea where?

Same here, Windows 10 + Firefox. I actually have an ongoing tech support help session about this, but it seems the folks helping do not yet know of this issue as @bosspublic351 says. Exporting in Chrome works as expected.
LucasDavies

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting