default form fill not updating - uses old data and passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

default form fill not updating - uses old data and passwords

Postby mas396 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:07 pm

I recently got replacement credit cards with new card numbers. After entering this info into lastpass i can fill in forms just fine if a select the card of interest. BUT if i use the default form fill option (i use a keyboard shortcut for this) the old credit card info is entered rather than the current card info! This is still the case even though the updated card numbers, cvv codes etc were entered months ago. I have tried logging out and logging in again to the lastpass extension, and i've tried restarting my web browser (chrome), but none of that has helped at all.

I tried to work around this issue by making a new credit card entry, but after doing that, the default form fill setting (account option > extension preferences > general > form fill > default form fill) does not even show the new card entry. I can swicth between old card entries, but then the filled information is old informaton for these entries that was changed months ago!! Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
mas396

Re: default form fill not updating - uses old data and passw

Postby shredder » Mon May 18, 2020 9:19 am

I have the same problem. Here are the steps I take to reproduce the probelm.

-add a new Address item in the vault
-click the lastpass extension icon in chrome toolbar
-click my account email (last option)
-click extension preferences
-in the "Form Fill" section, there is a drop-down menu "Default Form Fill"
-that list contains old entries that I don't even have in my vault, it does not contain the newly added Address item, and it also lists "0" as one of the options
shredder

Re: default form fill not updating - uses old data and passw

Postby Protoframe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:35 am

Has there been a solution to this? I’ve had the same issue for almost a year. Key point is utilizing the hot key to fill in the default form fill
Protoframe

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting