Chrome password won't import - times out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Chrome password won't import - times out

Postby MikeyLNG » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:42 am

I'm trying to import passwords stored in my Google/Chrome account from the exported csv, but whenever I try the Import All button in Lastpass, it just hangs there for ages and eventually times out.

There's about 1000 passwords to import (probably a number of duplicates). I've already enabled the binary component and restarted my PC since, but still no luck. Any ideas?
MikeyLNG

Re: Chrome password won't import - times out

Postby whatever999 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 pm

I am getting an odd error telling me "something went wrong, Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined. Talk about a non user friendly error message. Can't find any support on this. Seems Chrome is a problem for LastPass in general from what I've managed to read tonight on these support forums. I have yet to see any sort of response from any moderators or LP support reps. I submitted a support ticket, but frankly this whole setup process has been horrible. No clear instructions, stumbling around to find out a "binary component" (aka Windows Software) is required to do the Chrome Password import. The instructions to import don't even line up with the menu options in Chrome. Been at this for an hour or so...don't have time to waste. LastPass might be DOA here...
whatever999

Postby whatever999 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:36 pm

LOL, my prior reply has to be "approved" by a moderator. I guess they don't answer any questions, just monitor responses? How does one get answers/support/basic help?
whatever999

Postby jpenny84 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:53 pm

whatever999 Wrote:LOL, my prior reply has to be "approved" by a moderator. I guess they don't answer any questions, just monitor responses? How does one get answers/support/basic help?

The moderation queue is primarily for spam control purposes. You can file a ticket if you desire direct support from the company.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121
jpenny84

Postby nirvanausual » Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Yes, getting this same error! Contacted customer support... still waiting. Tried to edit the chrome CSV file to upload it as a generic CSV file using the template they have for uploaded generic CVS's on their help section, that also did not work. Thoughts?

shareit pc installvidmate.com Vidmate APK
nirvanausual

Postby pgoel6uc » Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 pm

I am having the same issue. If you found the answer, would appreciate the help.
pgoel6uc

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting