Where are my form fill records?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Where are my form fill records?

Postby mschmutzok » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:16 am

I agree. If there was supposed to be some action done by the user after the upgrade, an email should have been sent out indicating such detailing what actions were needed. No one is going to know that they have to visit a forum to try and locate an answer.
mschmutzok

Postby cwnew63 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:46 pm

This definitely worked for me (didn't even have to sign back out and in), but I'm :x that I had to dig so much into the forums to figure it out! Put a notice on the main support page, or get the software to run the Update Vault automatically upon relaunch. Seriously.

glennd Wrote:Hi,

If you are not seeing your existing form fills after updating to the new UI, please follow the steps in this support article to complete migrating your data: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/im-on-the-new-lastpass-experience-why-cant-i-find-my-form-fill-data

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support

LogMeInInc.com
cwnew63

Postby rob05677 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 pm

I submitted a support request and Lastpass finally recognized the problem and added an option to re-migrate the old form fills to the new UI and organization scheme. It recovered all of the form fills that I had lost.

Please note that you MUST LOGIN TO YOUR VAULT VIA THE WEBSITE for this to work (not through the extension). This is the description I received:

Right now we do not have a way to roll back to the previous UI but there is now an option within your vault to re-migrate your account and convert those form fills to the new fillable items format.

In order to do this, you would need to log into your LastPass account from the LastPass website https://lastpass.com/?ac=1&lpnorefresh=1 Once logged in you would select "More Options" from the bottom left > Advanced > Update Vault. NOTE: Anything that was properly converted to this new fillable item format may be duplicated.
rob05677

Postby klintb126 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:15 pm

glennd Wrote:Hi,

If you are not seeing your existing form fills after updating to the new UI, please follow the steps in this support article to complete migrating your data: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/im-on-the-new-lastpass-experience-why-cant-i-find-my-form-fill-data

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support

LogMeInInc.com

What if I don't have that option yo update the vault and am missing my banking info? If you cant even keep that what good is this program? Losing data is a BIG RED FLAG to find something else. It's literally your ONE fing JOB. Very frustrated you are wasting my time when its supposed to do the opposite.
klintb126

Postby klintb126 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:21 pm

mschmutzok Wrote:I agree. If there was supposed to be some action done by the user after the upgrade, an email should have been sent out indicating such detailing what actions were needed. No one is going to know that they have to visit a forum to try and locate an answer.

And the damn action doesnt even fix it. And this stupid forum is even moderated so we cant even post freely. I am finding less and less reasons to continue using this product.
klintb126

LASTPASS RAN A POS UPDATE THAT DOESN'T MIGRATE DATA PROPERLY

Postby sanjaypandher201 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:36 am

[CAPS LOCK WARNING - I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR 3 WEEKS]

Pretty much as the title says. Last couple of weeks I found that ALL my data excluding website passwords has disappeared, this includes several (international ) addresses, bank accounts, cards etc etc - one of the MAIN REASONS I use lastpass. At first fearing the worst, I found out that LASTPASS hadn't been HACKED AGAIN, it was just that their latest update roll out was a P**** of S**t that doesn't migrate user data across properly.

The first time they said they could roll it back, - fine - I got all my data back. I asked them to please not touch my account again UNTIL THEY FIXED THEIR UPDATE.

a week later I go to make a number of financial transactions and guess what?.... ALL MY F*****G DATA IS GONE AGAIN! The update has been run again without fixing the problem! Sent them more emails telling them to fix the problem and NOT UPDATE MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THEY FIXED IT!

Got back a smarmy response from some phone jockey called Marcus that said the updates happen automatically as if that explains and absolves Lastpass of any responsibility!

If you've been worried or seriously inconvenienced about your account and worried about whether you've done something wrong - no you haven't - it is LASTPASS being INCOMPETENT, and apparently not giving a F**K about their customers.
sanjaypandher201

Postby sanjaypandher201 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

[CAPS LOCK WARNING - I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR 3 WEEKS]

Pretty much as the title says. Last couple of weeks I found that ALL my data excluding website passwords has disappeared, this includes several (international ) addresses, bank accounts, cards etc etc - one of the MAIN REASONS I use lastpass. At first fearing the worst, I found out that LASTPASS hadn't been HACKED AGAIN, it was just that their latest update roll out was a P**** of S**t that doesn't migrate user data across properly.

The first time they said they could roll it back, - fine - I got all my data back. I asked them to please not touch my account again UNTIL THEY FIXED THEIR UPDATE.

a week later I go to make a number of financial transactions and guess what?.... ALL MY F*****G DATA IS GONE AGAIN! The update has been run again without fixing the problem! Sent them more emails telling them to fix the problem and NOT UPDATE MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THEY FIXED IT!

Got back a smarmy response from some phone jockey called Marcus that said the updates happen automatically as if that explains and absolves Lastpass of any responsibility!

If you've been worried or seriously inconvenienced about your account and worried about whether you've done something wrong - no you haven't - it is LASTPASS being INCOMPETENT, and apparently not giving a F**K about their customers.
sanjaypandher201

Re: LASTPASS RAN A POS UPDATE THAT DOESN'T MIGRATE DATA PROP

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:25 am

jpenny84

Postby david307 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:03 pm

david307

Postby arne462 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Then it is official. I received the following message from support today:

---- Quote ---

I've reached out to the LastPass team about the link you have been provided. Because of the UI upgrade that occurred for our user, they have decided to disable it until the issue is resolved first. Our team will be planning to rollout the new UI in the future. We don't have an ETA on when this UI will be released. As of now, please continue on using the current UI until the new UI is released. We thank you for your understanding.

--- Unquote ---

I had LastPass reset to the old UI the same day I discovered the lost FormFills, so I'm still on the old UI and no data have been lost. If any of you have migrated to the new UI and lost data, I don't know what the solution will be. I would expect LastPass to roll back to the old UI for everybody.
arne462

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting