Where are my form fill records?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Where are my form fill records?

Postby jodzeee » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 pm

The thing is, the data is there. It just seems to be held hostage which is infuriating. And yes, the fact they won't admit or even try to fix it is beyond frustrating. I've considered re-entering the info, but to be honest, I'm not sure I like the new way it's set up anyway. It seems to be a lot of extra clicks. So I'm going to try out 1Password and/or Bitwarden and see if I like their UX.

Also, a new development ... support had me mucking around in the "credit monitoring" area which did absolutely nothing except for some reason now I cannot access any of my data (including website passwords) that I had set up to re-prompt me for my password. It just keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong password, which I am not. So yeah, that's cool.
jodzeee

Postby blacksh33p » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:36 am

Saving your Form Fill Data if you are experiencing this

I had same issue but found an older thread from a couple years ago where this happened.

Go to Settings | Advanced | Export and you can export your Form Fill Data to a CSV format. You'll now have a plain text CSV you can open with your spreadsheet app of choice.

While I tried ti reimport it, that didn't work despite it saying it succeeded. This is definitely a UI bug/data migration problem on the LastPass side but at least we didn't lose everything.
blacksh33p

Postby mschmutzok » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:56 am

If I'm paying for Premium, I shouldn't HAVE to retype in missing data that was dropped by a bad upgrade.
mschmutzok

What happened to my credit card data?

Postby contactkristamoon240 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:22 pm

There used to be a "forms" section, in Lastpass where I stored my credit card data. Now I can't find it. And I'm very frustrated. What'd you do, delete it or what?
contactkristamoon240

Postby mschmutzok » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Well, it looks like they were successful in restoring me back to the old format. However, it looks like we're all going to have to re-add form fills if I understood their reply back to me correctly:

"The old form fills are incompatible with the new UI. The form fills will eventually need to be recreated from scratch within the new UI as there is currently no method to migrate them.

There is an issue with resetting the UI that our dev team is looking into"
mschmutzok

Postby mschmutzok » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:12 pm

I did reply back and asked L2 support if there was some way to export the form fills from the old UI and re-import them into the new UI, but I'm not holding my breath for that possibility. We'll see what the reply is.
mschmutzok

Postby glennd » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Hi,

If you are not seeing your existing form fills after updating to the new UI, please follow the steps in this support article to complete migrating your data: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/im-on-the-new-lastpass-experience-why-cant-i-find-my-form-fill-data

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support

LogMeInInc.com
glennd

Postby h596 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Most customers will think of this as a significant problem, and I would advise you to advertise the solution in every available way. Otherwise, LastPass could even lose users. Not everyone can find their way to this forum, this thread. Keep in mind too that there are people who don't read English.

glennd Wrote:Hi,

If you are not seeing your existing form fills after updating to the new UI, please follow the steps in this support article to complete migrating your data: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/im-on-the-new-lastpass-experience-why-cant-i-find-my-form-fill-data

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support

LogMeInInc.com
h596

Postby LASTDKVPASS » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:47 am

I WAS A PAID COSTUMER FOR SEVERAL, SEVERAL YEARS, BUT, EVERYTIME THERES A PROGRAM UPDATE, MY DATA GETS SCREWED UP. SO I DOWN GRADED TO FREE BECAUSE I WASN'T GOING TO PAY FOR THIS CRAP ANYMORE. I CONTINUED TO USE LASTPASS.... BUT NOW MY DATA IS SCREWED UP (MISSING/GONE) AGAIN. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE IDIOTS? DON'T THEY TEST THIS SHIT BEFORE THEY ROLL IT OUT? IF I HAVE TO INPUT DATA AGAIN, ITS NOT GOING TO BE ON LASTPASS, THEY'VE USED UP ALL THEIR "FREE PASSES". I'M GONE!!!! THEY CAN'T EVEN KEEP THEIR FREE COSTUMERS, LIKE ME, SO WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO PAY!!!
LASTDKVPASS

Postby uzairch » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:13 am

Accidentally, I have also the same problem from last some days that my cards and some addresses to re-enter them. I just look around and check some other solution but no avail.
please any clue?
uzairch

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting