Crashing IE

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Crashing IE

Postby kelso78 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm

I love lastpass so far. I've been using it for a few days. I normally use Firefox for everything. Unfortunately, for work, I have to use a site which is only supported in IE. https://s1.ebridge-solutions.com/ebridg ... fault.aspx?
It seems to work ok at first but after a couple minutes the browser completely freezes up. I've tried many different times, disabling and re-enabling lastpass. It always freezes when using this site while lastpass is enabled. It doesn't freeze up when lastpass is disabled. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?
kelso78

Re: Crashing IE

Postby drew » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Can you ensure you're using the most recent version by reinstalling from:

https://lastpass.com/

We've made a bunch of fixes surrounding IE stability lately, so hopefully they will fix your problem.

Drew
drew

Postby kelso78 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Re-installed, tried again still freezing while using that site.
kelso78

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 pm

kelso78 wrote:Re-installed, tried again still freezing while using that site.

Thanks to your help here we've been able to identify the problem here and will have it resolved in our next release.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby NickOg » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Joe,

I thought that i had posted a similar problem but can't find it. Anyway, what 'next release' are we talking about? I am still have the situation where I can't use LastPass version 1.37 on IE7. OK with Firefox.

Regards Nick
NickOg

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:59 pm

NickOg wrote:I thought that i had posted a similar problem but can't find it. Anyway, what 'next release' are we talking about? I am still have the situation where I can't use LastPass version 1.37 on IE7. OK with Firefox.

This particular problem was solved before 1.37 -- Could you check 1.38 and if it's still a problem let us know and we'll send you a debug version to help track down your problem.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby NickOg » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:04 am

Hi Joe,

I have just downloaded 1.38 and installed it. Firefox is fine but IE7 crashes after you try to log in. From then on, one can't run IE7. Solution for the moment, uninstall and re-install just for Firefox.

Will wait debug version.

Regards

Nick
NickOg

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm

NickOg wrote:I have just downloaded 1.38 and installed it. Firefox is fine but IE7 crashes after you try to log in. From then on, one can't run IE7. Solution for the moment, uninstall and re-install just for Firefox.

Will wait debug version.

Can you follow the IE instructions here: https://lastpass.com/debug.php

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby NickOg » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Joe,

Done that - copy of debug file attached but there isn't much in it! Firefox still runs fine but IE7 is unusable. I will need to uninstall and re-install.

Anything more that I can do?

Regards

Nick
NickOg

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:29 am

NickOg wrote:Done that - copy of debug file attached but there isn't much in it! Firefox still runs fine but IE7 is unusable. I will need to uninstall and re-install.

Anything more that I can do?

Unfortunately it looks like the file you got was from the installation (lastpassdebug.exe) -- we need the one from when you run IE (it's overwrites it that file) If this is Vista you may need to run IE as a administrator (right click on IE and Run as Administrator). It should be a little longer hopefully too :)

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting