Tried Everything

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Tried Everything

Postby renaud103 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:03 am

Hello,

After having various Last Pass accounts over many years, I'm finally about to give up on it. I have the Firefox Ext installed and working, I have the mobile app installed and biometric working. So I can access my account and use it everyday but for some reason, I think I've corrupted my Mater Password.

I can't recover it and use a one time password setup as this feature seems to have a bug and when I click the link it's automatically suspense my account for 5 minutes when I try to access it.

If I log into my phone app (using my biometric) I can't change the master password as it's asking for the old master password instead of asking me for my finger print.
The Firefox Ext, doesn't allow me to change my master password without the old master password.
And account recovery fails to work, it's just suspense me for 5 minutes when it asked me to use a one time password?

Anyone got any ideas how I've corrupted my account recovery?
renaud103

Re: Tried Everything

Postby grahamzj395 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

I had a problem where my master password was not accepted. Turned out that one of the special characters had been changed. After holding the "Windows" key and pressing the space bar, my password was accepted with no problem. You could check this by printing the special password as you type it, and see if special characters are correct.
grahamzj395

Re: Tried Everything

Postby grahamzj395 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Try printing your password so that you can see all of the characters. If any special characters are not correct, try holding the "Windows" key and pressing the space bar. This changes special characters and may then print correctly.
grahamzj395

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting