Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby hdygma » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 am

What about the bigger problem of LP not responding to customers asking about a critical vulnerability? Are we to believe no one at LP was experiencing the same issue, so when StillerFan72 posted the first post in September they were justified in ignoring him (and us) until Feb?

Poor support is exactly how customers decide to switch to competitors. Especially when the support is about security.

LP - security products are held to a higher standard. Please let us know how this communication lapse will be resolved. We are fans. Keep us fans.
hdygma

Postby leannegr480 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:59 am

I too can't get Last Pass to auto logout on Chrome. Running Version 79.0.3945.117

The auto log out time is set for 20 minutes.

This is not secure and very troublesome.
leannegr480

Postby sam756 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:59 am

glennd Wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to update everyone and let you know we are working to correct this issue and release an update. It is a high priority and once we have an ETA for a release I will update this thread.

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com

Hi Glenn,

It's disappointing that LP didn't acknowledge this for over a week, during which time users who submitted tickets got useless "advice" on clearing cookies, checking settings, etc, even though we told them this is only occurred recently with no changes on our end.

And it's inexcusable that you don't have an announcement anywhere (that I can find) about this so more users don't waste their time trying to troubleshoot. A response, a real one, would be appreciated. FWIW I'm a paying customer and this is been a terrible customer service experience for something that's supposed to help security.
sam756

Postby sam756 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 pm

sam756

Postby sam756 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 pm

sam756

Postby jdee » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:11 pm

This morning received a Chrome notification of new extension installed - LastPass was updated. Assumed this update included the non-working timeout fix.
Not only did I have to reconfigure the settings, "Log out when all browsers are closed" / "Log out after this many minutes of inactivity" and reconfigure my fingerprint logon (both of these I have to do EVERY TIME there has been a LP update), all to find out the timeout STILL DOES NOT WORK! Have restarted Chrome, restarted laptop too.
So frustrated with LastPass!
jdee

Postby glennd » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi,

We are working to get a 'hotfix' released as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, this issue took a little longer to catch as the feature works correctly the first time or two before failing, so initial attempts to reproduce it in response to support tickets failed. If you have read the recent Lifehacker article you will see the author mentions he was unable to reproduce the issue too.

As soon as I have confirmation that the extension update is approved and being published I will post an update to this thread

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
glennd

Postby straygecko » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:51 am

I reported this to Lastpass in July of last year and Lastpass has only logged me off a handful of times since then. I told them it was a serious security issue and they said they would pass on "my suggestion" that it was a security issue that needed to be fixed. Its a real problem when your security software vendor doesn't take security problem reports seriously. Its clear the issue isn't that its difficult to recreate its a lack of commitment on the part of Lastpass to thoroughly investigate bugs.
straygecko

Postby katebosch771 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Yes, I'm having this problem too. I usually use the Brave browser (more private) and was having the problem there, so I went back to Chrome and was having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the LastPass browser extension, re-selected to automatically log out after 10 minutes, but it's still not working. This is a HUGE problem. How can we fix it?
katebosch771

Postby katebosch771 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:56 pm

A friend is also having the same problem. It started a couple of weeks ago, I think.
katebosch771

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting