Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: auto logout after idle xx minutes not working in chrome

Postby mishaluba241 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:49 pm

I am also experiencing this issue and seems to have started recently. The LastPass extension remains logged in despite the fact that it is configured under Preferences to logout after X minutes of inactivity and logout when all browsers are closed. This is a major security risk. Please fix this!
mishaluba241

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby glennd » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi,

We are looking into this issue and attempting to recreate it. Please note that if the computer locks or goes to sleep before the logout time is reached, the clock stops.

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
glennd

Postby RoboCuz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Same issue. Not sure what you mean about computer locks?!? I understand how it could be an issue with going to sleep (Shouldn't be though), but locks?!?! My computer auto-locks on inactivity in 10 minutes. Are you saying I need to suddenly now have my lastpass timeout be less than 10 minutes? That's a very new and tight requirement, if true!
RoboCuz

Postby dnw731 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Seeing the same thing. This is an absolutely critical security issue for me. If someone can steal my laptop and access every single password I've ever set, LastPass becomes a security problem rather than a security feature.
dnw731

Postby notg » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:27 pm

I opened a case with Enterprise support and received the following feedback

Thank you for confirming that. Could you also check that the binary component is installed and enabled in the extension? You can check via the extension->more options->about LastPass. If it is set to false, the logout policies will not function as intended. Also it is required that the UWP app(Windows desktop app) is installed on the machine as well. Please let me know if both of these are met and it is still occurring.

I received this reply when I asked if this had always been a requirement

Occasionally when google will push out an update on their end it will impact the binary component, we do see that from time to time. It is because of that, when a user reaches out about an issue with a logout policy we recommend checking on the Binary first. Our team is working on removing the binary requirement completely but it isn't an option yet.

Installing the binary version appears to have resolved the issue in Firefox but I have been doing this without the binary version installed for years.
notg

Postby mishaluba241 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm

I am experiencing the same issue with LastPass extension in Chrome browser. It stays logged in despite being configured to logout after X minutes of inactivity. Please fix this!
mishaluba241

Postby jasp631 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Same issue Mac Chrome extension not logging after designated time period.
jasp631

Postby jasp631 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:51 pm

I've enabled the binary component and have the desktop app installed, but still experiencing the same problem.
jasp631

Postby mgoranson » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Same issue here.

Brave: Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)
LastPass: Version 4.41.0

Uninstalled extension, cleared all Brave data, closed Brave, reinstalled LastPass, set auto logout after 1 minute of idle time.

Please resolve LastPass!
mgoranson

Postby andy48 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:13 am

uvdevnull Wrote:Chrome extension not respecting setting to auto log out after a period of inactivity. Stays logged in indefinitely.

Ditto. Please fix ASAP
andy48

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting