Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby goyocafe » Sat May 16, 2020 1:41 pm

I fixed this just now by changing a setting in Chrome: Under Advanced Settings, System, Turn off "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed". It seemed to fix this issue straight away. I just don't know what the other implications of this are. Here's a link to one reference on this issue: https://kb.nmsu.edu/page.php?id=73071
goyocafe

Postby rchybicki680 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:28 am

Disabling Chrome in the background does not fix it for us. We're using Azure AD Federation, 1 min inactivity logout time, currently at over a week without a logout. Computers are sleeping overnight (not shut down). Azure AD is set for a 10 min token life for Lastpass, that means that Lastpass isn't checking if the token is still valid ever. That is a significant security problem, since locking the account in case of a stolen computer will do nothing. We're reconsidering if our choice to go with Lastpass Enterprise was the correct one, this is definitely enough to terminate our contract, it's not secure at all.
rchybicki680

Postby danafton497 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:42 am

The problem keeps happening to me as well. Lastpass support no longer responds. I plan to switch to another password manager when my premium expires (TheWireCutter recommends another pick above LastPass now that it has been bought out by a private equity company).
danafton497

Postby jyamada121520 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Same here. This problem was around for a while, then it went away, but now it has come back. I use Chrome (the latest update - but this was happening to older versions too).
jyamada121520

Postby jpenny84 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:29 pm

danafton497 Wrote:The problem keeps happening to me as well. Lastpass support no longer responds. I plan to switch to another password manager when my premium expires (TheWireCutter recommends another pick above LastPass now that it has been bought out by a private equity company).

What do you mean that support no longer responds? Have you tried filing a support ticket?

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121
jpenny84

Postby growsales » Wed May 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Has anyone tried a different password manager yet? If I can find a top password manager
that does not cause this problem, I'll change to it.

I've been a Premium customer of LastPass for about nine years. LPP keeps fixing this problem and
then it screws up again. Over and over again.

This problem is dangerous in my situation. I have no confidence they'll fix it permanently
and I'm ready for another option. Especially since this is not my only complaint about LP.
growsales

Postby caspoor13 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:48 pm

I'm too having the same problem. It's painfully disappointing.

It makes me hungry to BBQ some meat lol
caspoor13

Postby ic5188 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:21 am

Same issue here - auto log out after X minutes of activity not working. This auto log out option stopped working sometime over the last month or two.

I have
- Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61
- LastPass Chrome Extension Version 4.48.0

Please help get this fixed!
ic5188

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting