Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby darrinwest770 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:36 pm

I tend to leave Chrome running for long periods of time. Since I do a lot of research for work that spans multiple days, and don't want to lose the dozens of tabs I have open. Obviously, I use the Windows auto login to keep things somewhat secure. But I really don't like the idea of LastPass continuing to keep my passwords decrypted indefinitely. I manually changed the timeout to see whether it was a config issue, but am still seeing no password prompts from LastPass. I've recommended this product to some of my clients who are far less security conscious. It bothers me that they are potentially exposed by this bug.

Chrome: Version 81.0.4044.129
Lastpass: 4.47.0

Had this problem earlier, it was fixed, and now its back.
darrinwest770

Postby ddavid1073 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:01 am

Hi All,
I noticed Friday the problem was no longer happening in Chrome. I tested it in Edge and it was also working.

I notified LastPass and they replied that they'd fixed it. There comment from the email below;

"You were not the only user with this issue, it was aware to the dev team and they tried fixing it. Guess it worked. "

Is anyone still having the issue?

If not, Let's hope it never returns!
ddavid1073

Postby dellskin » Mon May 11, 2020 2:35 pm

I am having this problem on Firefox 75.0. Had it previously on firefox and chrome and it was fixed, but now broken again.
dellskin

Postby rw843 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm

I have the problem of not timing out from Firefox as well - I think it started about a week ago.
rw843

Postby mmortal03 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:04 am

ddavid1073 Wrote:Hi All,
Is anyone still having the issue?

Yes. In Chome, in the latest version of LastPass, 4.47.0. I thought it had been fixed, but apparently not.
mmortal03

Postby santrix72 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:43 am

Hi, well im not sure but i think i might have fixed it for me at least in chrome.
Go to Chrome settings/advanced/system and un select allow apps to run in the background.
Go to task manager and kill all the chrome services.
Restart chrome, log into lastpass, set the auto log out pref's and close browser.
Re-open browser.. no more login maintained..

Fixed for me.. for now..
santrix72

Postby sasha515 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm

I'm so annoyed and pissed about this. What is the point of LastPass if it allows anyone who steals a computer that is sleeping to have full access to the entire vault if they just bring the computer out of sleep? So, essentially the only real security that my entire Lastpass vault has is the windows hello security. This issue was present earlier in the year. I complained to LastPass. They told me they were working on it and would update me. They never did but the issue was fixed. And now, again same thing. Computer goes to sleep. I wake it up and i'm still logged in. WTF?
sasha515

Postby alvinthang842 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:40 am

I've been using the Firefox extension and I have just recently realised that Lastpass doesn't honour the setting in which it would automatically log itself out after X amount of minutes.
Mine was set to 15mins and it was still logged in after 3 hours of inactivitiy.

I believe that this is a huge security flaw as not many users would be accustomed to log out after each use and other users can easily access our Lastpass vault as long as they know the password to our Windows logon which usually isn't as complicated as our Lastpass password.

I think Lastpass needs to address this and fix it ASAP.
alvinthang842

Postby Martie » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 am

Has this issue been resolved? I've set LastPass to log out after 15 minutes in Firefox. Not happening, sometimes I'm logged in overnight.
Martie

Postby gregking28204 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:44 pm

I followed the steps suggested by by santrix72 in their post from Wed May 13, 2020 6:43 am and it worked for me. Strangely the "Continue running background apps when Chrome is closed" option was already unselected. Oh well, it worked and my LastPass now logs out properly.
gregking28204

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting