Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 pm

TPinTexas Wrote:Hello, LastPass, what are you doing to fix this!!?? I'm ready to leave after 10 years because of the security risk here you are not addressing!!

It was fixed well over a week ago. Contact support via the ticketing system if you require further troubleshooting.
jpenny84

Postby quenton89 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 pm

I agree, its not timing out at all so far as I can see -- for a few weeks at least, maybe a month.
quenton89

Postby tsuki » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:04 am

When will you guys be fixing this issue?
tsuki

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:52 pm

tsuki Wrote:When will you guys be fixing this issue?

It was fixed several days ago. Contact support via the ticketing system if you require further troubleshooting.
jpenny84

Postby Rhinebeck1234 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Auto log off not working on Mac Chrome. Have tried resetting several times. My request for support contact not sending. Try back later prompt.
Rhinebeck1234

Postby bf7041929 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 am

Someone posted this issue has been fixed, but it has not.
LastPass will still not respect the auto logout settings - no matter what I set, it stays logged in all the time, unless I manually logout.
I have cleared cache etc. Uninstalled and reinstalled extension - no difference.

This is a glaring security issue.

I cannot believe LastPass would not sent out some kind of information update to its users.

When it comes to LastPass and communication/security - all you hear is crickets.
bf7041929

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:31 pm

bf7041929 Wrote:Someone posted this issue has been fixed, but it has not.
LastPass will still not respect the auto logout settings - no matter what I set, it stays logged in all the time, unless I manually logout.
I have cleared cache etc. Uninstalled and reinstalled extension - no difference.

This is a glaring security issue.

I cannot believe LastPass would not sent out some kind of information update to its users.

When it comes to LastPass and communication/security - all you hear is crickets.

The problem that generated the original complaint in this thread was fixed as of version 4.41.2 over a week ago. There's been a subsequent update to 4.42.0. If you do not have that extension version, then you can enable developer mode in the extension panel and force an update, or uninstall and reinstall.

A LastPass representitive repsonded multiple times in this thread, so they did provide information updates.
jpenny84

Postby davidinarizona74 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:47 pm

Yeah, me too. Just today I opened my laptop after being closed and locked all night and my Chrome session still had LastPass active and logged in. My timeout is set to 10 minutes. As an additional test, I closed Chome for 15 minutes and my fresh session still had LastPass logged in.
davidinarizona74

Postby Nusaram » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:17 pm

I was told that the issue with the "How It Works" page showing up in a new tab in Chrome was recognized with this issue of the auto-logout not working and that it would be fixed in the next release one week later (after the auto-logout fix release).

For me, running Chrome on Windows x64, yes, the auto-logout issue has been fixed but I still have that stupid "How It Works" tab issue when I manually login via the extension. It wasn't fixed in v4.41.1 nor v4.41.2 nor v4.42!

My patience ran out so I decided to create another support ticket
Nusaram

Postby chrisinboston » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:21 pm

I agree that this is not fixed. I uninstalled and installed the 4.42.0 and with Chrome on MacOS, this still does not time out. I'll create a support ticket, but given the number of folks that are reporting this, seems like it still is an issue.
chrisinboston

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting