Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby 6489659152 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 pm

we are having this issue also. Lastpass support said it was bc we didnt have the binary component installed. however, auto-logout after 20min inactivity has been working fine for years without the binary component installed.
so we installed the binary component, and lastpass still does not respect the auto-logout time limit remaining logged in permanently unless manually logged out.
this is a nightmare. all subsequent replies to lastpass support have been ignored. very frustrating.

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm

6489659152 Wrote:we are having this issue also. Lastpass support said it was bc we didnt have the binary component installed. however, auto-logout after 20min inactivity has been working fine for years without the binary component installed.
so we installed the binary component, and lastpass still does not respect the auto-logout time limit remaining logged in permanently unless manually logged out.
this is a nightmare. all subsequent replies to lastpass support have been ignored. very frustrating.

The ticketing system isn't live support, and they don't typically respond on the weekends. There's a link at the top of their support page to check a ticket's status.

A LastPass representative responded in here twice that they are aware of the problem. In the meantime, you can put an operating system password on your computer, which is a good practice anyways. Even better, you can sign out of LastPass when you're not using it.
jpenny84

Chrome Extension logout settings not working

Postby yologoose55 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:38 am

Hi,

I am having issues with last pass chrome extension not automatically logging out after 15 minutes, or when the browser is closed.

I have those settings enabled, and this has worked without a problem over the last 5 years. I can't work out why it no longer logs me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
yologoose55

Postby teamskum » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:28 am

Same issue here on multiple systems, desktop and laptop. Reset time and saved in preferences with no implrovement.
teamskum

Remember Password Logout

Postby jeffgnpc » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 pm

It seems like the latest version for the LastPass Firefox widget doesn't allow automatic logout if you remember password.

This is probably considered a "Feature" but is should be a bug. This should just be a warning, and here is why. I have multifactor authentication turned on, which means that I have to accept a log in requests on my phone. This is all the security that I want. I don't want to have to type a password everytime and click a button on my phone. I just want to click a single button on my phone.

Because you turned off this feature, I'm always logged in. Which is less secure. Allow remember password, but also auto log out.
jeffgnpc

Postby familyman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Thought this was a fluke, but I noticed this a week ago and thought it was just me. But it happened on multiple times/computers.
familyman

Postby glennd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience.

The fix is being deployed to LastPass.com and updated LastPass browser extensions submitted to the extension stores in the next two days and will be available shortly afterwards. Because the LastPass browser extensions are updated automatically by default (unless you have disabled auto-update), no action is required of LastPass users.

You can verify if their extension is up-to-date (Version: 4.41.1) by opening the extension dropdown menu -> account options -> About LastPass

Glenn Dobson | Community Leader, Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
glennd

Postby rjltrmty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm

Affected by this issue as well. LastPass chrome extension stays logged in even after reboot. :o
Yikes!
rjltrmty

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

rjltrmty Wrote:Affected by this issue as well. LastPass chrome extension stays logged in even after reboot. :o
Yikes!

See above.
jpenny84

Postby windsurfdrew » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:15 am

Last year, the chrome extension used to logout automatically. Now I'm logged in no matter how long it is idle. I can not use the product without this feature. To have something so basic be broken and unsecure like this, makes me wonder what else is not working. I will need to switch to something else if this isn't fixed.
windsurfdrew

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting