Not respecting setting to auto log out

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: LastPass Timeout issues

Postby dr_glenn » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:18 pm

It's been 1 or 2 weeks since I noticed no timeout with Chrome on Windows 10. I am often logged into Lastpass on two computers in my house. Yet even with no activity on either of them for more than two hours (with 45 minute timeout setting), they don't log out of LP anymore. My laptop goes to sleep after only a few minutes, so I am forced to reauthenticate when I return to it; but even after hours have passed, I find that LP is still logged in.
I occasionally use LP in Microsoft Edge and it also does not timeout.
dr_glenn

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby johnny8723 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Me too, latest update has broken this functionality.
johnny8723

Auto log out not working

Postby jeffpete25 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:13 pm

I use LastPass on laptops that I leave unattended at times. Up until recently, this was safe because I set lastPass to automatically log out after 5 minutes of inactivity. This has stopped working in Chrome on two computers. I have checked the setting and confirmed that it has not changed, but the auto log out still does not work.

This is critical for safe use of LastPass. Any solution?
jeffpete25

Postby ef567 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:29 pm

I have my LP extension set to log out after 15 minutes or when I close a browser. It seemed to be working until recently but now I'll shut one of my laptops and open it three days later to find that it's still logged into LP. Incredibly concerning. I'm now manually logging out every time I step away from a computer. I've checked for other extension settings and can't understand why this is happening -- it seems like a glitch.

Major security implications here that the dev team should be addressing.
ef567

Re: Not respecting setting to auto log out

Postby dflaher » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:41 pm

Same here. Does anyone know when the last update was?
dflaher

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 pm

ef567 Wrote:I have my LP extension set to log out after 15 minutes or when I close a browser. It seemed to be working until recently but now I'll shut one of my laptops and open it three days later to find that it's still logged into LP. Incredibly concerning. I'm now manually logging out every time I step away from a computer. I've checked for other extension settings and can't understand why this is happening -- it seems like a glitch.

Major security implications here that the dev team should be addressing.

I'd be more concerned about the security implications of not locking your operating system when you're away from the computer.
jpenny84

Postby RunningOlsen » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:53 am

Same issue here, LastPass does not log out of browsers in set time.
I really need a fix or I will have to change password manager.
RunningOlsen

Postby peter870 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 am

Up to about a week ago when I started my computer in the morning I had to login to lastpass. Something changed...and now when I start my computer after an overnight hibernation, lastpass is logged in and my user IDs and passwords are filled.
Similarly, if I leave my computer for a couple of hours in sleep mode, lastpass is still logged in when I return.

I use Chrome and have the browser extension set to:
- log out when all browsers are closed
- log out after this many minutes of inactivity 20

When I checked into this, I saw that Account Options in the lastpass icon menu has a "new" alongside it.
Did this change in the last week or two? Has this change caused a change in the way that the inactivity timeout works?

Windows 10 pro; lastpass extension version: 4.41.0

Please can this get fixed ASAP?

Peter
peter870

Postby telepele190 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:19 am

Same issue here, Firefox on Mac.
telepele190

Log out after this many minutes of inactivity

Postby johnm304 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:18 am

Log out after this many minutes of inactivity setting is not honored in lastest version of chrome extension 4.41.0 on Mac (and believe windows too). The result is lasspass stays logged into until you manually log out. When will you guys be fixing this regression?

Thanks
johnm304

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting