Mac app abandoned ?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Mac app abandoned ?

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:05 pm

godzila Wrote:Is there anyone from LP here willing to clarify ??

There's a knowledge base article on the topic:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... ss-mac-app
jpenny84

Postby smorbe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 pm

I haven't received any word from LP yet, too. Could someone maybe post the original wording from said mail?
I want so information.
I read on other websites that Lastpass stop the app on the iPhone. Is this true?
And I use the extension in Chrome on my macbook Pro. Can I use this?
Please give me information.
smorbe

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:13 pm

smorbe Wrote:I haven't received any word from LP yet, too. Could someone maybe post the original wording from said mail?
I want so information.
I read on other websites that Lastpass stop the app on the iPhone. Is this true?

No, the iOS app is not going away. The knowledge base article I linked above explains what is happening.
jpenny84

Postby smorbe » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:22 am

jpenny84 Wrote:
smorbe Wrote:I haven't received any word from LP yet, too. Could someone maybe post the original wording from said mail?
I want so information.

No, the iOS app is not going away. The knowledge base article I linked above explains what is happening.

Thanks for your help. My English is not very good, so to clarify I think the article says:
1. I still can use the extension in my Chrome browser, nothing is changing. Right?
2. I still can use my app on my iPhone, nothing is changing, Right?
3. The only thing that is chanching is the Last Pass Mac app, when I want to download the Mac app on my Macbook laptop, but I don't use this, so there is no problem for me.

Question 1:
Am I right?

Question 2:
Can I also use the extension in Safari? I don't understand this part in the article. Because it looks like the extension in Safari is the same as the Mac app in Applestore. Or are those different? So is it possible to use the extension in Safari: safe ?

Question 3:
And if this is right, I have one other question: how can I get information like this in my mailbox? I don't receive information about changes. Sometimes I get information of Last Pass, but I did not get information about the change of the Mac app at 29 february. How can I get information like this, news, in my mailbox?
smorbe

Postby Eslam » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:32 am

After a week of trying the new app, I reverted back to the app provided in the apple store cause the new one sucks and LP support seems to take ages to understand the issue and respond accordingly.
Eslam

Postby godzila » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 am

My take here

1. this is about the standalone Lastpass app - not browser extensions
2. the current version (available in the AppStore) is being discontinued
3. a new version, built with some web technology (Electron ? In any case not a native app), will be available from LastPass site (and not anymore from AppStore)
4. said new version is buggy, with less features and support doesn't understand / support it
godzila

Postby accounts365 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 am

How will Lastpass plan to support Safari with the supported version of the app?
accounts365

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:15 pm

accounts365 Wrote:How will Lastpass plan to support Safari with the supported version of the app?

Safari is already supported with the UWP app that's replacing the old legacy one. See knowledge base article linked at the top of this page.
jpenny84

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting