change password does not work

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

change password does not work

Postby extraveilig252 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:08 am

Hello,
Used Lastpass already for many years. Lately I tried to change my main password, but this did not work.
After filling up the form with all necessary old and new passwords the last line down ( Bewaar hoofdwachtwoord ) did not activate.
Tried this first with browser Firefox and now also with browser Chrome, no result.
Some years ago I had no problem with it.
My operating system is Linux Ubuntu and my mailprovider is Protonmail.com. ( mailaddress: extraveilig@protonmail.com ).
Best regards, W.van Veen.
extraveilig252

Re: change password does not work

Postby hollingsworth378 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Same issue here. I enter my old password, generate a new password, copy it, then paste it into the new and confirm password fields. At this point, the save master password is grayed out and useless. Found if I entered a new password manually, things work as expected. A little inconvenient to manually enter a 40 character (upper/lower case), numbers, and symbols password. Don't recall having copy and paste issues anywhere else in Lastpass.

Regards,
Steve
hollingsworth378

Postby extraveilig252 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:31 am

I changed the new password manually and the problem is solved.
extraveilig252

Postby hollingsworth378 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:25 am

FYI and future reference. This is the response from Lastpass support and it DOES work:

"In the meantime, I'd like to share a workaround with you: if you paste the password, then remove the last character after pasting, then manually re-enter the last character, the button should allow you to save the new master password."

Regards,
Steve
hollingsworth378

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting